emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Lexx Knows Best: How to Deal with Valentine’s Day in Long-Distance Relationships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

When V-day is rolling in and your girls have all these cute date plans and you are stuck with making kissy faces in the webcam, it can kind of suck. If you’re in a long-distance relationship, you know it sucks when holidays, celebrations and birthday events can’t be shared. Here are some tricks to try to deal with being away from your S.O. for Valentine’s Day… 

1. Box Up Your Love

You can send a gift to wherever your lover resides, or even do a gift exchange with sentimental thoughts put into it. It can be a care package with notes and his/her favorite things. When they get the cute messages, they’ll start up putting you on cloud nine.

2. Have Video-Sex

So, you can’t physically have interaction, but you can still dress up and put on a sexy little show for your significant other to show you still got the hots for them!

3. Have a Girls’ Night

Everyone has at least one single friend, and if you don’t you better invest in some. Send the usual cute messages to your boo; if you’re in a long-distance relationship, you two have already agreed to look beyond the temporary distance but you (alone) still can have fun. Go out with your girls’, do dinner and movies with them.

4. Do a Make-Up Valentine’s Celebration

You can always do a rain check or save the date to celebrate big when you get the chance to see your SO, and that can make up for this loss. Do a two-night stay somewhere near the beach and wake up to watch the sunrise together.

5. Make Time & Space

Go see your significant other, pop up at the door trench coat style saying, “Surprise!” (hopefully it doesn’t turn into a horror story of I caught him cheating) and just pop up wherever they are. It’s cute, spontaneous and shows you’re invested.

Just try not to be sad, because honestly, it’s just a day, one day out of the year. Understand that if you’re saying you are willing to go the distance sometimes you will not always feel like you’re winning. If it’s something too difficult to handle, you may want to consider staying away from these types of relationships. 

All images from https://giphy.com/ 

My name is Lexxus Edison, my most used nickname is Lexi. I am currently a junior at UCSB and I major in English. I am interested in writing and reading which is pretty bland to some considering I spend countless hours doing just that in my major.