This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

If you don’t know me, allow me to introduce myself. I am Sophia Lovell, and have been the Editor in Chief for UCSB’s chapter of Her Campus for the past two years.

This position has been invaluable to me, allowing me to lead, hone my editorial skills, and learn from all of my writers and the rest of our team.

My first published articles were some of the most nerve-wracking things for me, constantly doubting myself and my skills. I am pleased to have gained confidence over the years, gaining experience from this position, my position as an editor on The Catalyst, and taking a Professional Editing minor at UCSB.

Our writers have taught me so much—so much about having others rely on me, trust me, and the responsibility that comes with it. I am so thankful to the editorial team for trusting and allowing me to read their work.

As much as I’ve loved working with this team, it is now time for me to depart as I graduate. I look forward to seeing what our editorial team has in store for this next chapter of Her Campus UCSB.

HCXO,

Soph

Sophia Lovell is a third year Philosophy and English double major at UCSB. She is originally from San Diego, but embraces Isla Vista as her second home. Her passions include trying not to kill her houseplants, cold brew, and dismantling the patriarchy.