Krazy Kardashian Trends – Make It Stop!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Whether it’s through social media, television, magazines, or the radio, we always end up Keeping Up with the Kardashians whether we like it or not. To say that the Kardashians have an influence on their fans is a big understatement and this is why these Krazy Kardashians trends have got to stop. Let’s take a moment to see what exactly it is that they’re pulling off because they can.

1)      Thigh Brow?

As if girls needed another version of the “thigh gap” to focus on. The buzz on “thigh brows” started when Khloe posted pictures of her with Kendall on a boat shortly after revealing her healthy lifestyle change. There have been pictures of girls posing in similar ways trying to create the thigh brow but it’s only another trap for making young girls feel insecure. No thigh gap? No problem! No thigh brow? No problem! The obsession over these thigh brows has got-to-stop.

2)      Waist Training 

Khloe & Kim have joined the waist training wagon and it’s sending a bad message: if you don’t have an overly exaggerated hourglass figure then you need to squeeze your ribs at maximum strength to mold your body into having that unrealistic shape. Waist training has been around since the Victorian Era, you know, when women cinched their waist and had the puffiest of ball gowns. But we’re not in that era anymore, so this trend has got-to-stop.

3)      Crazy Child Names

Of course it is encouraged to have creative and unique names for your children, but c’mon, sometimes celebs – especially Kim – take it to the next level! Rumor has it that she’s naming her son “Easton” and we don’t know how to feel about that.

4)      Platinum Blonde Hair / Crazy Hair Colors

When I was sitting in my hair dresser’s chair about to tell her the shade of blonde I wanted she immediately snapped at me with, “Oh my god, you better not whip out a picture of Kim K!” This was actually pretty hilarious until she told me that she’s actually had a few women do that! Not only is that platinum blonde trend storming its way on in, but so is Kylie’s crazy mermaid hair colors. All we’re saying is tread very carefully!

5)      Kids As Accessories

One thing that needs to change within the entertainment industry is putting the spotlight on celebrity children. Some celeb parents protect their kids from the media but it seems as though others just love to show them off for all the wrong reasons. Children are not accessories, they should not be wearing these lavish fur coats and uncomfortable clothes. Kids should be wearing the most comfortable clothes on Earth for their little arms and legs to be free on the playground. Children as accessories has got-to-stop.

6)      Running for President

Yes, everyone knows that you need money to run for president and running for president is mainly all about the campaign marketing strategy but just because Trump is doing it does not mean you can do it too, Kanye. Actually, this makes us wonder what exactly West would want to change first… it’ll be eye-roll inducing we can tell ya’ that much.

The Kardashians don’t know this, but in reality they are really extra sometimes! These are just some trends that have popped up this summer and as bad as they are, they are actually pretty hilarious. 

Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats. 
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus