It’s Tyler Tyme!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Name: Tyler Ettner

Age: 19

Hometown: Born in Apple Valley, CA; raised in Sacramento, CA

Major: 2nd year, Environmental Studies

Relationship Status: Single

Celebrity Crush: Vanessa Hudgens

Hobbies: Anything that combines physical and mental abilities; like soccer, playing the ukulele, surfing, and tai chi.

Ideal travel destination: Everywhere! But especially Switzerland; I’ve seen pictures of the mountains there and they are absolutely breathtaking.

Favorite food: Ice cream, specifically cookie dough flavor.

Job: I don’t have a job right now, but I am a part of the program Airbnb–which is an international rent-listing website for travelers or foreign exchange students, and I get a pretty good amount of income from that.

Favorite music genre: I usually just go with the flow, but right now I’m really into Chillstep; it’s like dubstep, but more chill.

First thing you notice about girls: Their eyes. I believe that windows are the eyes to the soul, and you can definitely tell if you have a connection by looking into someone’s eyes.

Ideal first date: Going to Hana Kitchen and getting interviewed for an article (;

Where to find you on the weekends: Lots of places! Like the beach or skating around IV.

Instagram: @tyler_tyme

What you hope will happen when this article is posted: I hope someone will see me around and recognize me so then I’ll get to meet some new people!

Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay  
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.