Isla Vista’s Best of the Best Awards – Food, Tips, and Tricks You Can’t Afford to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

As the Hollywood award season approaches us, I think it is only appropriate to list Isla Vista’s best of the best:

Best Hipster Coffee Shop

Cajé (You will literally see barefoot men with long hair and cuffed jeans – Johnny Depp is that you?)

Best Hidden Campus Café

The Courtyard Café right next to the Engineering building

Best Place to Pick up Hotties

Casually stroll on the beach when the surfers are out to play. Or try the more conventional IV way and stroll down DP on a Friday night. Both equally not creepy at all.

Best Place for Late Night Delivery

Call up IV Mart for Ben n Jerry’s, $2.99 hamburgers, chili cheese fries, chips, or candy until 2:45 am every day!

Best IV Pickup Line

“Hey girl, I put way too much guacamole on my nachos, can you help me finish my Freebirds?”

Best Place for a Date

This is I.V….What’s a date?

Best Place to Instagram Your Stereotypical IV Sunset

Any random Oceanside deck on DP (must say #IslaVista #MyLifeYourDream), or Campus Point (#nofilter)

Best Study Break Snack

Sweet Alley’s bin candy and self-serve froyo!

Best Freebirds Substitute

For the nights when you don’t have $13.89 lying around, try Kogilicious for a $6.25 burrito!

Best Morning-After Cure

Bagel Café (I recommend the Super Emma…and pair of large sunglasses and yoga pants)

Maya is currently a third year Communications major at UCSB and a San Francisco native. As an previous editorial intern for HC and current Campus Correspondent, Maya loves to write about her NOMtastic food endeavors and the laid back fashion and style of California. With an interest in magazine editorial writing and public relations, Maya plans to pursue these fields as she continues to add a little more spice to every Collegiate’s life!
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus