This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

We all know that waking up at the butt crack of dawn just to get ready for class isn’t the business. We wish we could all just get up and get out like the guys do; but sadly, not all of us can do that. HOWEVER, there are a few ways we can minimize our morning routine and maximize our morning doze. Especially for my 8AM ladies, here are some ways you can sleep in and still walk to class feelin’ like Beyonce.

Outfit

For dressing at dawn, we like to keep things very simple–mostly because nearly no one has the energy to pull on a pair of super skinny jeans at 7AM.

Update your basic tank and jeans with a flowy cardigan or fashion kimono; it looks SO cute, but it’s absolutely effortless! For an added bonus, add a dainty necklace or bracelet; it gives the effect of a long-planned outfit–but really, you just threw everything on.

Maxi skirts look absolutely stunning, but are honestly just crotchless yoga pants. They literally take 2 seconds to put on! Fool everyone into thinking you woke up 2 hours earlier by pairing this with a cute crop top or tank top and cardigan ensemble.

You can’t possibly go wrong with an oversized sweater; these are a lazy girl’s best friend! Big sweaters go with everything from high waisted shorts to leggings–or go classic with a pair of cuffed jeans. Accessorize with a long necklace for some dimension.

No matter what anybody says, a causal dress will always be the simplest and easiest outfit to throw on in the mornings–not to mention super comfy!! AND versatile, they go with about anything: boots, sandals, sneakers, necklaces, bracelets, hats, cardigans, etc.

Makeup

A full face of makeup just isn’t realistic if you wake up 30 minutes before class starts. Here’s a few things that will make you look wide awake without the wide array of products.

Lipsticks instantly make your entire face look bright and wide awake, no matter what time you woke up. If you’re feeling extra sleepy, opt for a brighter lipstick that makes your lips POP!

There’s no secret that pencil eye liner is much easier and faster than liquid liner; and if you opt for brown instead of black, it looks a lot more natural and helps to make your eyes look more awake.

To make your eyes look even MORE awake, pop some white or nude eyeliner in your waterlines. White will make your eyes look wide and nude will make your eyes look alert.

BB creams are a much faster and easier version of foundations; you can essentially just rub some all over your face like a lotion and run out the door!

…well not LITERALLY, but you get the gist.

They come in a few basic colors that blend easily into your skin and leaves your face looking dewy, fresh, and ready for the day ahead!

Hair

For some of us that tend to get a little tired of just leaving our hair be in its natural state all day every day, these quick and simple hairstyles are miracle workers.

Messy braids look really chic but are really really easy! The whole point is to look messy, which makes things 10 times easier for us in the mornings. Pair it with a bow at the tip or a headband for some statement.

Use bobby pins to make simple designs in your hair; it’s super quick but looks like you spent FOREVER on your hair!

Who can go wrong with a classic top knot/messy bun?? They’re so easy and you can basically put it up while you’re on the way to class! Accessorize with a ribbon or bow for some added fun.

Curls usually take forever in the morning, but you can wake up with your hair already in curls! Just find an overnight curling tutorial that suits your hair and wake up on fleek! And if all else goes wrong, see above hairstyles.

Now waking up won’t be so hard, because we don’t have to wake up as early! Of course, add your own style and flair to any outfit/makeup/hairstyle make sure you’re comfortable (especially in those 8AM classes). Enjoy sleeping in, my lovelies; and rock your look!

Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay