This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Dewy, glowy modelesque skin seems like an unattainable dream during the winter! This season doesn’t only bring changes to the weather but to our skin- which is major because it is our body’s largest organ! And for people like me who deal with dry skin and eczema year round, keeping our skin hydrated can be a challenge. But here are a few tips to keep your skin nice and hydrated! 

Drink More Water

You have probably heard it a thousand times — drink water! By keeping up with your water intake your body will be able to detoxify, reduce inflammation, and improve your overall complexion. 

Turn Down The Heat

Even though hot showers feel like necessities in the winter, they can be harsh on the skin. Lowering the temperature and amount of time you spend in hot showers will decrease inflammation, irritation, and dryness.

Use Gentle Cleansers and Exfoliators

Generally, it is important to keep skin clean and clear but it calls for special attention in the winter. According to SkinCare.com, experts say skin is more prone to dryness and build-up in the winter. Properly cleansing and exfoliating will clear dry skin and reveal a soft complexion! 

Try A Humidifier

Invest in a humidifier! Humidifiers have been recommended to soothe and help the body maintain its natural oils, especially to those who experience dry skin and eczema. The best part of humidifiers is the easy of use, turn them on before bed for effortless skincare!

Wear Sunscreen and Moisturizer

It may be gloomy outside but it is important to protect your skin as much as possible. Be sure to wear sunscreen and moisturizer daily to prevent dryness and skin damage. 

Hope these tips help and stay hydrated! Always remember to consult with a dermatologist for more personalized advice or when starting a new skincare regimen.

Eliana is a Sociology major with an Applied Psych minor at UC Santa Barbara. She was raised in California's Central Valley and is a proud first-generation university student! When she's not busy with school or work, she loves cooking, spending time with family and friends, and learning TikTok dances. She aspires to one day open a brunch cafe and travel the world! She is a fan of all things beauty, music, and most importantly - fun!
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus