How to Enjoy the Little Things with the HC Winter Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

We’ve finally made it to winter break despite the rocky, smoky, fiery road here at UCSB. While we still have the residents of the Ventura-Santa Barbara area on our minds and in our hearts, a part of us can finally relax and decompress. During the school year, we are busy with endless amounts of readings and homework assignments, on top of jobs and internships, on top of trying to maintain a semi-healthy diet, on top of attempting to set aside time to exercise, on top of keeping up with a social life! It’s exhausting, and almost impossible to find time for the little things. Well, now that it’s winter break, the Her Campus Winter Survival Kit is here to help you enjoy the little things! Heres how:

1. Shopping with Le Motto

Tis’ the season to shop! Yes, of course the holidays are about so much more than that, which is why the apparel from Le Motto is perfect. The site itself states that your “favorite ‘statement tee’ should be able to make a stanger flip a negative attitude to a positive one and pay it forward.” Choose between shirts, sweaters or jewelry with positive phrases like “accept more judge less” or “be incredibly kind” or “believe in a more beautiful world.”

Image via www.lemotto.com

2. Fix and Repair with Krazy Glue

There is always a number of broken, cracked, ripped things that fall to the bottom of the to-do list during the school quarter. Well, now that you have time, use the glue as a quick fix for those broken sunglasses you’ve been meaning to repair. You can even use the stuff to fix a broken nail or a run in your tights, it’s krazy good!

3. Hide those sleepy eyes with Alba Botanica Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes.

Finals has the tendency to desperately tire out all of its victims. Even after the fact, it can take a few days to completely bounce back. However, you don’t have to look like a sleep deprived zombie. Try Alba Botanica Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes, it’s a cooling eye revive gel with cucumber and caffeine that instantly awakens and depuffs. Say goodbye to dark, puffy circles and hello to gorgeous, bright eyes.

4. Pamper Yourself with Being Hand Lotion by Sanctuary Spa

Now that you have time, pamper yourself with candles, baths and lotions, specifically Being Hand Lotion. It smells amazing, and feels even better. Forget about all the stresses from the previous weeks with the delicious scents of Cloud Berry & Lychee Blossom and Salted Caramel & Macadamia.

5. Craft your Makeup Skills with Tarte

Arguably, one of the best ways to enjoy the little things is to follow along with makeup tutorials on Youtube. If you’ve ever seen a tutorial, you know that one of the best makeup brands is Tarte! You’ve got rich, yet shimmery eye shadows. Eclectic palettes with an array of colors that fit many different skin tones. Mascaras that work to dramatically lengthen lashes without clumps. Try the Tarteist Pro Palette with the Lights Camera Action Mascara!

Special thanks to all the brands that sponsor Her Campus!

All images via Lauren MacDonald and Carmen Ma

My name is Lauren MacDonald and I am the former campus correspondent and editor in chief of Her Campus UCSB. While at UCSB, I dedicated much of my time to Her Campus as I strongly believe in its ability to empower women to tell their stories. I graduated in 2018 with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies.
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)