This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Finals week: there are many highs and lows (mostly lows), but hey, why not talk about how much we hate finals.

1. It’s Week 8, and life is great. You are relaxed, stress-free, and actually have a life.

2. But then, it hits you. Finals Week is here.

3. Your life becomes surrounded by readings, study guides, and papers. 

4. Let’s not forget about the mounds of stress we are under to remember 10 weeks of course work for exams that are basically worth our life.

5. Which leads to lots of crying.

6. And even more meals made out of items exculsviely found in the library vending machine (aka Pringles and powdered donuts) accompanied with an over load of caffeinated drinks.

7. Then comes your delusional stage from absolutely no sleep.

8. But then after days and nights dedicated to studying, you just kinda just let Jesus take the wheel. 

9. But then furing your final, you’re like “I GOT THIS!” (which you totally do). 

10. But remember as you’re pulling through your third all-nighter in the row, Finals Week is only five short school days, and after that comes the sweet, sweet bliss of Spring Break.

Happy studying and good luck! 

My name is Lisa Raub, and I am fourth year here at the University of California Santa Barbara. I am an English Major with a minor in Professional Writing. I studied abroad in Paris and London, traveling everywhere from Belgium to Spain to Italy, basically leaving Europe completely broke but extremely happy. I can often be found with a dog-eared book or an almost illegible journal beside me. When I am not reading or writing, I am usually watching A LOT of Netflix or soaking up the sun. Follow my insta: @lisawantspizza
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.