This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

The sun is making its Spring reappearance here in warm Santa Barbara, and you know when the sun’s out…just about everything else is out too. Say goodbye to the cold weather and layered clothing, a spa day is exactly what our dry skin has been yearning for! And with Summer coming just around the corner, we’ll totally have that summer skin we’ve been wanting–even if we’ve given up on getting that summer bod…

Here are a few do-it-yourself recipes for a super relaxing spa day, right in the comfort of your own home.

Hair Mask

Honey + Yogurt

If you’re not going to eat that yogurt in time, you might as well put it to some use! This sweet-smelling mask will enhance your hair’s natural shine. Just work it into your locks and let it soak for about fifteen minutes before rinsing it out.

Face Mask

Banana + Egg

Sure, it looks and smells pretty weird, but this mask will soften and tighten your skin! Beat the egg with a mashed banana, then spread evenly on your face. Rinse when dry, and feel the softness.

Under Eye Treatment

Used Tea Bags

Don’t throw away that tea bag just yet, they actually help with dark under eye circles! Sit back and relax for a little while with your tea bags on your eyes for a bit of refreshment.

Nose Strip

Paper Towel + Egg White

An easy substitute for the store-bought nose strips, just dip a small strip of paper towel in mixed egg white and let it dry on your nose (or wherever else you’d like) and peel!

Lip Scrub

Sugar + Olive Oil

Don’t let those lips stay dry this season, scrub away any dead skin with a sugar and olive oil scrub. Wipe off to reveal soft, supple lips. It smells awesome and makes your lips feel super awesome!

Body Scrub

Brown Sugar + Oatmeal + Olive Oil

Your skin will feel smooth as butter when you rub some of this scrub into your skin! Simply mix the ingredients into a paste, scrub wherever you like, and wash off in the shower.

Spa days are about you, so throw some bubbles in that bath, turn up your favorite playlist, light some candles, and RELAX. Happy spa day!

Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay  
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.