Daniel Cervantes Gets the Ladayz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Name: Daniel Cervantes 

Major: Economics/Accounting 

Hometown: San Jose, CA

Age:18 

Relationship Status?

Single

Celebrity Crush?

Cara Delevingne starring in Paper Towns is a total babe. I would definitely spontaneously run away with her. 

Hobbies?

I have been getting into Surfing here at UCSB. That’s my favorite pastime in between classes or after my daily 8 mile run to cool off. After surfing I like to pick up the guitar and jam out with my roommates everyday. On weekends I try to go hiking or rock climbing. Occasionally I’ll get out and go mountain biking and I have been starting to swim at the rec center when I have time. 

What are you involved in at UCSB?

Excursion club

Adventure programs 

Community affairs board

Education opportunity program 

American marketing association 

Technology management program 

What is 4K for Cancer?

4K for Cancer is a “Support through Sport” program through the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adult’s in which I will be running from San Francisco to New York to fight cancer in young adults. I will be traveling with a group of college-aged students on a 49 day, 4000+ mile run across the country.  We strive to change lives by creating a community of support for young adults, and their loved ones, as they fight cancer and embrace survivorship. We will be doing this by visiting cancer patients at hospitals and cancer centers, as well as raising awareness about UCF’s mission in the towns we stop in during our trek across the country. I am doing this trip in order to create an avenue of funding and support for the fight against cancer. 

What drove you to take part in 4K for Cancer?

All of my life, I have been fighting cancer along side with my mom. My grandmother was touched by cancer and passed away at a young age. Together, we have fought cancer by participating in many walks, fundraising, and raising awareness.  In high school, I was a very competitive runner and coming to college I wanted to continue my running career in a different way. The 4k for cancer run across America allows me to further my running career while supporting young adults affected by cancer.  This program has introduced a whole new meaning of running  for me as I help save lives every step of the way. I will accomplish my goal of raising $4,500 and set forth on my run, dedicating my quest to the family and loved ones you may know who have battled cancer.

What is your history with running?

I started running my freshman year when I went out to be on the track and field team. I soon realized my passion for running and I was driven to become he best runner that I could be. I was extremely dedicated to the sport and by junior year, I qualified and ran at the California state championships. 

What instruments do you play?

I have played the Trumpet since 4th grade and picked up the French horn freshman year of high school. Since coming to college, I started playing the uke and quickly progressed to playing guitar daily. 

What draws you to a girl (and why)?

I am attracted to girls who have a certain radiance to them. Energetic, happy, adventurous, and daring girls are who I am drawn to. 

What do you find as a turn-off in a girl?

A major turn-off in a girl to me is when all a girl wants to do is sit around and watch tv. Now don’t get me wrong, I love watching movies with girls but if the sun is out, I’m going to be outside. So if the sun is out and a girl just wants to stay inside, I’ll be out having fun. 

Favorite ways to spend your times alone?

When I want to be alone and have some time to myself, my favorite activity to do is to ride my motorcycle through the Santa Barbara hills and discover the best viewpoint. 

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

In ten years, I see myself starting up or have already created my own company. My dream is to become an Entrepreneur and to own a company one day.

That’s the dreamy Daniel Cervantes!

Cheyenne is a first-year UCSB student currently studying Communication and Environmental Studies. She is a third-culture kid who grew up in Dubai, UAE and therefore loves to travel and challenge the different social constructs that exist within our world. She enjoys writing, exercising, fashion, film, and is a total foodie. You can find her on Instagram @cheyennekab.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.