Campus Celebrity: DJ Child’s Play

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Her Campus: How did you get started DJing? What is your favorite kind of music? 
DJ Child’s Play: I started DJing when I was 13 years old after experiencing one of my brother’s performances while he was a DJ. I was inspired by the exhilarating feeling of control he had among the crowd while performing. At that moment, I decided to follow in my brother’s footsteps and went forward with pursuing something that turned out to be a growing passion. My favorite genres of music would have to be House and Hip-hop.

HC: Who is your DJ inspiration?
DJ CP: DJ AM – I found his style of DJing to be the most complicated to master, and the challenge to get to his level of talent gave me that extra boost of motivation to become a better DJ.

HC: What has been your most memorable performance?
DJ CP: My most memorable performance would have to be my first performance in Hollywood. The nervous feeling was unlike anything I had ever experienced, and I had realized at that moment that this is where my career begins and that I have made it to this point.

HC: Tell us about Deltopia. 
DJ CP: Deltopia was an unexpected wild adventure. In a matter of five minutes, the crowd that gathered in front of my house went from fifteen people to nearly a thousand people. I can say that this was one of the most fun performances I have had the chance to play in Isla Vista. My only regret was not crowd surfing….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…

HC: How has being at UCSB affected your DJing?
DJ CP: While attending UCSB and DJing at all of the parties, my network has expanded a great amount. With all of the love for music that people have here, it has boosted my motivation to be the biggest and best that I can be.

HC: Do you have any future performances coming up?
DJ CP: I have a few upcoming shows in Hollywood and many to come this Summer. For more information about my upcoming events you can follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/imchildsplay

University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus