This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Sometimes in the middle of midterms and finals, you need to change up your study location. If you can’t stand another day in the library, this list of the best study spots around UCSB is for you.

1. Dart Coffee in Santa Barbara

This coffeeshop, located in the Funk Zone in Santa Barbara, serves good coffee and snacks. The inside is minimalistic, with tables that are perfect for studying. There’s free wifi too! If you prefer being outside, they have the coolest patio across the street, which looks like a garden with big yellow umbrellas. You can grab your coffee and take your book to the patio and hang out there for hours! They are open 7am-5pm everyday.

1. Goleta Coffee Co.

This coffee shop is another hidden gem, located in Goleta off of Turnpike. This is a favorite for anyone with food allergies or dietary preferences because almost everything on their menu can be made gluten free and vegan! They have a huge selection of coffees and hot teas, and a big food menu too, so you could stay for the whole day and never get hungry. The best spot here is the large table in the back, which could fit your whole study group and has outlets nearby!

1. The UCEN on campus

This one might be obvious, but the UCEN is so big that there are tons of different spots you can study at! One favorite is the upper level by Santori’s, where you can find tables and comfy chairs around the open circle that looks down to the lower floor. If you prefer to be outside, the area around Starbucks is a popular study space, and their back patio overlooks the lagoon!

1. A new library

If you find you work best in quiet spaces, there are public libraries in both Goleta and Santa Barbara. The one in Santa Barbara has beautiful high arched windows, and both boast plenty of study space and are less crowded than the campus library! Sometimes a change of scenery like this can help you refocus. 

1. UCSB lawns

On a sunny day, it’s always a good idea to get your Vitamin D in while sitting out on one of the lawns on campus. A few favorites include the lawn in the Arbor, the lawn by the Physical Sciences Building, and the lawn on the lagoon next to Manzanita. Grab a blanket to sit on, a water bottle, and plenty of snacks and enjoy being outside while studying!

Sydney is a Communication and Feminist Studies double major and a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. She's a Petaluma, California native, the egg capital of the world! When she's not writing, you can find her pole dancing, playing with cats, and listening to true crime podcasts.