To the Beat of His Own Drum: Meet Bryce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Name: Bryce Trigiani

Hometown: Ontario, Ca

Year: Senior

Major: Sociology and Philosophy

What is your favorite part about UCSB?            

I love how lackadaisical UCSB is. I’m overwhelmed at all the enjoyable activities.

How did you get involved with The Hypno Rings and Scotty Do and the Don’ts?

I was roommates with Scott sophomore year and then I lived next door to our guitarist my junior year and the stars aligned and a band formed. And then I ran into this other kid on DP who I had a jam session with a couple months back and we exchanged numbers and slowly that transformed into a band.

What other activities are you involved in?

Rock Climbing, for sure. I was a former UCSB cyclist and I also surf. I do a lot of cooking and drumming now. I climb, cook and play music.

How long have you been playing the drums?

A year.

What is your most memorable moment at UCSB?

Probably the night I met my girlfriend. I played a killer show, she came up to me and I got her number. But other than that, it’s breaking my ankle freshman year. That sucked.

If you could give advice to your freshman self, what would it be?

I would say: do not get caught up in the material world, don’t visualize yourself pursuing a career or occupation. Visualize yourself experiencing things.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

*deep sigh* Undetermined. I tend to not look into the future. I just live in the moment.

Brenna is a senior and global studies major at UCSB. Her goal in life is to be a comedy writer and the proud owner of an alpaca farm in South America. She enjoys sarcasm, wine and everything fine.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.