Andre Theus: Off Campus Senator Candidate & “Distributor of Love”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

One of our Her Campus readers suggested we profile UCSB Sophomore Andre Theus as this week’s Campus Celebrity. The reader described Theus as an “Isla Vista enigma, possibly a member of the sorority Alpha Phi and the school volleyball team.” We interviewed Theus, discovering who this outgoing character really is! 

Hometown: Santa Monica/Simi Valley

Year: 2nd Year

Major: Global Studies

How did you get involved with OPP?

Chloe Stryker, the Internal Vice President of Associated Students, last year told me about elections and that I should research two parties and I found OPP to be vastly more diverse and accepting of me regardless of how I represented myself.

If you could summarize your campaign platform in 5 words, what would they be?

The 5 C’s: Change, Communication, Creativity, Charismatic, Chill

What other off-campus activities are you involved with?

Campus Point UCSB Magazine

You were described by one of our readers as a campus celebrity. What do you think makes you stand out?

It’s all about the Love. First of all, I’m completely flattered to be called a celebrity. I just perceive myself as a distributor of love. I love people and I love to make people happy. I make an effort to get to know everyone of all social circles from greek life to anime club everyone is important and deserves a big teddy bear gay friend.

Favorite IV memory:
 Pillow Fight at Dominos in a shopping cart: Sexy, Fun and just plain Awesome.

Most embarrassing college moment:
 When I broke a chair at Ortega and Lizzie the Ortega lady said “oh snap”! (in a that so raven voice
)

What’s your favorite part about UCSB?

My favorite part is the scenery, It makes me happy that for four years or more I am living in paradise.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

I see myself being a PR guru running the world. Who runs the world ANDRE!

What is your dream job?

To be a publicist for W magazine or to work in fashion show producing.

What would do if you were stuck in an elevator with Oprah Winfrey?

I would have an ah ha moment and then ask her damn girl does John Travolta really have a toupee?

Who do you think should be our next Campus Celebrity, and why?

Well I’d love to be chosen again but I would choose, Jonathan Abboud for his constant commitment to better the UCSB community, he started from the bottom now he’s here.

University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus