freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Ways to Celebrate Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s that time of the year again…Valentine’s Day, or as I like to call it, GALentine’s Day! I mean what’s better than spending the most loving day with our besties, whom are about a thousand times better than someone we don’t take as serious or we are just casually dating. Keep in mind that most friendships are not temporary, but certain relationships are! So grab your favorite gals and try some of these ideas to celebrate your true friendship on Galentine’s Day.

1. Treat yourselves to a shopping spree…AKA the best bonding experience!

2. Brunch and mimosas are always a good idea!

3….Or pigging out on fast food is good too

4. Throw a slumber party where you play dress up and take cute selfies to pretend you’re going out

5. Watch youtube tutorials and give each others makeovers

6. Netflix, pizza, and wine!

7. Throw a super cute Galentine’s decorated party with NO BOYS ALLOWED

8. Be lazy in your PJ’s and vent about why Valentine’s Day sucks and why we don’t need a guy to be happy

9. If you’re feeling adventurous, there’s nothing wrong about having a wild night out for us to remember (…or not remember)

Happy Galentine’s Day! Xoxo

Fashion, writing, and dogs are my passions. I'm a Communications major, hoping to work for fashion PR someday. Oh, and I'm totally in love with Zac Efron!
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.