tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Signs You’ve Found Your Best Friend Forever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Best friends can be hard to come by. So, how do you know that your best friend is really your best friend?

1. You can sit there and do nothing together, yet you still somehow have a lot of fun.

We’ve all been there – it’s the weekend and all you want to do is stay in and do nothing. You know it’s real when you can both lie there together and still feel like you had the night of your life!

2. It doesn’t matter how long you guys don’t see each other – nothing ever changes.

Haven’t seen each other in months? Doesn’t matter! You know that the next time you’re reunited, everything will pick up right where it left off.

3. You can make each other laugh under any circumstances.

No matter how bad your day has been, you know you can count on your BFF for a quality laugh session. Oh, and you’ve definitely peed your pants.

4. You can show up to their place without even asking.

“Text me when you’re on your way” or “Text me when you’re here,” isn’t a thing in your friendship. They walk right in and even know where you keep all the goodies in your kitchen.

5. They know everything – and I mean everything – about you.

What are secrets?

6. You can read each other’s minds with just a simple look.

If you have a best friend, then you know exactly what this means. You are able to look at each other and immediately know what the other is thinking.

7. They tend to know you’re interested in someone before you do.

That moment when you start talking about a guy and your best friend knows that you like him before you even realize that you do. Yup, and then they like to say that “they told you so!”

8. Insulting them is fun because you know they can take it and won’t take it in a negative way.

She’s basically your sister so she better be able to take a hit every now and then!

Mya McCann is a fourth year literature student in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB. She currently lives in Bangkok, Thailand and is in the business of running BKK. On the weekends you can find Mya either in the jungle or on an island. On the weekdays she studies Thai and Buddhism and teaches English to sex workers in the red light district. You can follow her adventures on IG: MyaJoy