8 Killer Icebreakers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

We decided to compile a list of ice breakers just in time for your first weekend back! Try some of these when you head out to the bars or check out a party here in IV! Just remember these quirky questions can get the ball rolling on a subject you’re actually really curious about. Don’t have another stale night out, live it up!

1. If you could be any [insert favorited television] character, who would it be?

This one’s always a winner, provided they don’t say someone like Dwight from The Office — if that’s the case, you should probably discontinue that conversation and delete that person from Facebook.

2. What city or country do you recommend I travel to before I hit 30?

Maybe they’ll even have a holiday house you never knew about in some sweet location in New Hampshire, you never know.

3. An unstoppable train is heading towards either your sister or 1,000 adorable puppies: which way would you direct the train?

Disclaimer: Do not — I repeat DO NOT— ask while sister is in the room. Things may get heated and nobody wants to lose their Christmas present.

4. Which quality do you want people to remember most about you on your deathbed?

We’re getting intense here. Crying is not allowed under any circumstances, I’m such a sucker for sentimentality, especially after a glass of wine or seven, and we WILL end up crying on the sofa talking about our childhoods for the rest of the evening.

5. What is your number one I’m-getting-ready-to-go-out-on-the-town-and-I-look-so-damn-GOOD jam?

Obviously, this will be followed by a couple more glasses of wine, that song and a lot of embarrassing dancing.

6. Would you rather get explosive diarrhoea every time you see your boss, or every time you see your boy/girlfriend’s parents?

This one’s for all the mischievous little devils out there, causing the more conservative to squirm and being generally hilarious.

7. What’s the worst time your own body failed you?

Pooed your pants in front of a special someone, threw up at an unfortunate time, face-planted a la Jennifer Lawrence, you get the gist … You know you want to know the answer though because everybody’s had a moment of shame!

8. Is there anything you promised yourself you would do when you were my age and never got around to?

Prepare for a truth bomb. Hopefully this one doesn’t shatter your college dreams with it’s stark realism but we need to know.

Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.