Style > Beauty

5 Glossier Products That Are *Actually* Worth the Hype

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Glossier: you either love it, or you haven’t been converted yet. I belong to the former group, and I hope that these recommendations will convince you to join me! Although I may be a bit biased (I’ve been using Glossier’s products religiously since freshman year of high school, bought Glossier merch, and even went to the LA location’s grand opening on my birthday), at least you know I’m a credible source on all things Glossier. I could go on and on about many of their products, but these five are my personal favorites.

CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team

Glossier You Perfume

Since this perfume arrived on the scene in 2017, not a day has gone by that I haven’t put a spritz of it on—and not a day has gone by that I haven’t gotten a compliment on it. It has become my signature scent, but the best part about this perfume is that it smells slightly different on everyone, hence the name “You.” According to Glossier, “This is not a finished product. It needs you.”

Balm DotCom in Cherry

If you purchase anything from this list, let it be this product! I’ve tried plenty of Balm DotComs, but none of them have stolen my heart quite like the cherry flavor. This red-tinted universal balm gives the perfect amount of color when you need it, and has earned a place in all of my backpacks, purses, and totes. Perfect for a night out or a day in the library, the Cherry Balm DotCom truly lives up to its name!

Solution

Solution is a testament to Glossier’s incredible skincare. It’s a chemical exfoliant, yet extremely gentle on the skin. I use this product nightly with (reusable!) cotton rounds, and I find my skin softer and more glowy in the morning, just as promised. To me, this product shows that Glossier doesn’t mess around with skincare—they truly put effort into each of their products regardless of category.

Futuredew

Futuredew is a product you don’t know you need until you use it. It adds a beautiful radiance to the skin that can’t quite be replicated by any old highlighter. Glossier recommends it for the whole face, but my personal preference is putting it anywhere I’d put highlighter (my skin is a little too oily for all-over use). Once you use this product, I promise, you’ll never want to go a day without it!

Boy Brow

Boy Brow isn’t one of Glossier’s best-selling products for nothing! What I love about this product is that it is perfect for all brow types, from bushy to bare, and thick to thin. Boy Brow gives everyone’s brows the perfect lift, tint, texture, and volume that lasts throughout the whole day.

If you’re ready to get your summer glow on, treat yourself to these Glossier self-care essentials. I’ll be waiting to say “you’re welcome” when I see you smelling amazing with moisturized lips, glowing skin, radiant cheekbones, and perfect brows!

Eva is Her Campus at UCSB’s Editor in Chief, as well as a third year Communication major at UC Santa Barbara, where she writes about anything and everything she feels is exciting, fascinating, or entertaining. When she isn't writing for Her Campus, she is usually overthinking, working on one of her projects, or listening to Taylor Swift.