10 Websites for Finding the Perfect Party Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

We have all been there- it’s less than a week before a big event and you have nothing to wear (read: you already have pictures in all the dresses you own so they don’t count). But going to the same store gets old and your broke college girl wallet can only take so much! I’m addicted to online shopping and have come across some websites over the past few months that have great deals on any kind of going out dress that you can imagine (around $50 or less). Here are some websites to check out when you are looking for your next party dress:

1. AX Paris USA– they have crazy good prices ($20-$30) for their party dresses and they have a ton of them too! I’ve noticed they definitely have the best selection for black dresses of any website that I have checked out so far.

2. Boohoo– this store has a good mix of lots of different styles and lots of color options so no matter what you are looking for, there is a good chance you will find it here! This store is international so make sure you have the USD option selected in the top left to get accurate prices.

3. Ami Club Wear– this website has great club and going out dresses that would do wonders in Vegas or a night downtown. They do have some err… interesting ones though but at least they are fun to laugh at.

4. Foreign Exchange– this store is one of my favorites for all kinds of dresses, accessories, and shoes. They have auh-mazing sales too! Shipping is insanely fast too- I just ordered a few dresses on Monday and got them by Wednesday night with their regular shipping option so it’s a great last minute option.

5. Urban OG– I just discovered this one so I don’t really know too much but they do have great dresses that are very reasonably priced. They also have an awesome shoe selection, which are all around $30!!

6. Tobi– this online store has hundreds of dresses in all kinds of styles so there is no way you can go wrong by checking out some of their options.

7. Nasty Gal– they have really cute going out dresses but tend to be a little more expensive. They offer edgier looks and have lots of other clothing options too.

8. Xenia– this online store is located in Australia but they do ship to the US and its not outrageous but definitely order something at least a month in advance to make sure you get it on time. They literally have some of the cutest dresses I’ve ever seen and you probably won’t see anyone else rocking one of their styles at your event so that’s a major plus.

9. Romwe– this site has some out there dresses for those of you who always like to try the latest fashion trends.

10. Threadscence– they have more of a boho-chic vibe to their clothes but do have some party dressed thrown into the mix. Some of their options would be better for a daytime spring or summer event. 

If you still can’t find what you are looking for at any of these stores I would suggest joining the website Wanelo. Its like tumblr for shopping and they have endless amounts of ideas and clothes to choose from. This website can get addictive though so watch out!

Happy Shopping! Let me know if there are any other good places for dress shopping by leaving a comment below.

University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus