person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

10 Santa Barbara-Based Instagram Accounts You Need to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Instagram is all about aesthetic, and there are several accounts run by Santa Barbara natives that have this concept down. If you’re looking to add a little more artistry to your Instagram feed and show some local love, type in these usernames and press “Follow.”  

1. @exploresantabarbara

Palm trees, Spanish architecture, and good eats – these are just a few elements that define Santa Barbara, and you’ll find plenty of pictures to prove it when scrolling through this Instagram account. Launched just a few months ago, each photo perfectly captures the essence of Santa Barbara and is geotagged so you can explore the locations for yourself!

2. @surfrider_santabarbara

Santa Barbara’s chapter of the Surfrider Foundation is extremely active – both on the coast and on Instagram. Follow this environmental organization’s account for beachy photos that’ll inspire you to protect our oceans.

3. @paulgreene

At just 18 years old, Paul Greene has already mastered the art of surf photography. To see epic close-up shots of Santa Barbara swells through a surfer’s eyes, check out his account.

4. @williekessel

Another local surf photographer, not only does Willie Kessel click his camera around Santa Barbara, but he also travels the world with professional surfers like Sage Erickson, Quincy Davis, and Lakey Peterson.  

5. @eyeonthecoast

Tori Bondin is the owner of Eye on the Coast, a blog about all things 805. To discover even more bits and pieces of her creative lifestyle, follow her Instagram of the same name!

6. @fluttermag

Flutter is a Santa Barbara wedding and lifestyle magazine, and the contributors don’t stop at printed work – their Instagram looks like a well-polished “Dream Wedding” Pinterest board. Even if you leave Santa Barbara after you graduate, their photos will inspire you to incorporate some Central Coast style into your big day.

7. @freepeoplesantabarbara

Let’s face it, you probably already follow this bohemian brand’s main Instagram. Now be sure to keep up with the talented stylists of Free People’s Santa Barbara store as they post OOTDs snapped around State Street and even exclusive lookbooks!

8. @thesantabarbaracompany

The Santa Barbara Company is a unique online store and downtown gift shop. Their products are all carefully crafted, and so are their Instagram posts.

9. @enjoycupcakes

Enjoy Cupcakes currently has 623 decadent cupcake flavors: Chocolate Toffee Cookie Dough, Lemon Lavender Mint Chardonnay, Coconut Crème Brûlée – the list goes on! First of all, if you haven’t ever been to their location inside of the Santa Barbara Public Market, go there now. Second of all, follow them on Instagram for a daily dose of virtual deliciousness

10. @mcconnellsicecreams

Last but certainly not least, the Instagram account of every Santa Barbarans’ favorite ice cream shop is a must-follow. All of their pictures demonstrate food photography at its finest, making each scoop look about as delectable as it can get! Just try to refrain from licking your phone screen.

Melissa Doran