Time Manager Extraordinaire Jessica Moran Tells Us How We Can Do It All!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Being a full time student is a job in itself, so how does one girl manage being a student, a tour guide, and a marketing intern? Her Campus UCLA sat down with third year Sociology major Jessica Moran to find out!

What do you currently do?
Well right now, I work for UCLA Athletics and give campus tours to our new recruits, I’m an intern at a marketing agency, I’m in a sorority oh and I go to school too. How do you balance all of that? Well I really like staying busy so it’s all about managing my time and being ok with running on very little sleep!

What’s the hardest part about being so busy?
Finding time for me, I focus so much time on my jobs and school that sometimes I forget that I actually need to take care of myself. Every now and then I just need a break to do things that I like to do like work out or shop.

What motivates you to be so active?
I know that right now because I’m young I have the energy and the time to be as busy as possible, so I definitely like to grab on to every opportunity I can. My future is also a big motivation for me. I know that the more experience I get now, the more opportunities I’ll get for the future.

What advice do you have for other people who want to get more involved but think that it would be difficult to juggle so many activities?
It’s all about time management! You need to be organized and dedicated. Set deadlines for yourself and make sure you stick to them. If you plan it right, you can have time for all of your commitments and even still have time for a social life. Right now we have so many opportunities for future success, we need to take advantage of every one possible.

Madeline Hunt is a senior at UCLA majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Spanish. Originally from the laidback beach-town of Santa Barbara, the California native finds the fast-paced nature and eccentricity of LA extremely exciting. Once more, she decided to expand her horizons when she studied abroad this past fall in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Madeline wants to pursue a career in the entertainment industry and is considering broadcast journalism and public relations as potential options. On campus, she is currently the Public Relations & Marketing Director for the student- run organization Fashion and Student Trends and an intern at E! News. She served as an entertainment reporter on UCLA’s accredited student newspaper, The Daily Bruin, under the video division and is a current member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. During her free time, she enjoys playing tennis, exercising, going to the beach, shopping (online shopping will be the death of her!), reading Glamour and Cosmo, eating Mexican food and sushi, spending time with her friends, practicing her Spanish, and satisfying her weakness for caffeine with Starbuck’s lattes.