The Personality Database: The Internet’s Best Source For Finding Your Celebrity Twin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Have you ever taken an MBTI personality test? Or maybe you’ve tried the Enneagram typing system! (If not, check out my article explaining it!) And if you’re even a little familiar with what I’m talking about, I have a new, fascinating and thorough website/app for you to check out. Introducing: The Personality Database (PDB).

In the past decade, the study of personality psychology has expanded its accessibility to people of all backgrounds and education levels. Personality tests have become ubiquitous in American life, whether in job applications or private school admissions. As a result, millions of people each year are exposed to the intricate and ambiguous categories of questionnaires like Myers-Briggs and Enneagram. 

The PDB was established in April of 2019 and has grown in popularity ever since. Last month alone, there were over 7.5 million visits to the site — not including users on the app. On the PDB, users can vote, argue and discuss the typings of numerous profiles consisting of characters, celebrities, historical figures and more. The site features a total of nine personality tests. Each individual profile comes with a cluster of quantitative statistics based on user voting, as well as a comment section and discussion forum. 

What can you do with this? I’ll use myself as an example. I am an INFJ and a 4w5 (MBTI and Enneagram are the two most popular typing tools the PDB offers.) When I input ‘INFJ’ in the site’s search bar, a slew of celebrities, television characters, writers, you name it, pop up. The same is true when I search ‘4w5’, though the profiles might differ slightly. If I want to find super specific matches for myself, I can search ‘INFJ 4w5’ together. What comes up is an assorted blend of creative characters and peculiar villains. The PDB doesn’t hold back! Somehow, I’m both Diane from BoJack Horsemen and Joe from You. A mixed bag for sure…

bojack horseman after the party main

If you know your own personality types or the types of your friends, you can spend hours perusing your matches and super-matches on the site. Know any ENFPs? They’re represented by Jules from Euphoria and Karen from Mean Girls! Lucky 3w2s — they get both Taylor Swift and Elle Woods! 

The website also allows you to make an account, so you can comment on celebrity and character profiles, vote for what YOU think a certain individual’s personality types are and save the profiles of your favs. There’s even a Meme category on the PDB! Apparently, “books,” “Communism” and “Most Compatible with ENTPs” are all attributed to the elusive INFJ. Are there any ENTP socialist bookworms out there? We’re meant to be. 

There’s so much more you can explore on the PDB, and I hope all of you dive into its personality depths. You might not like all your personality pairs, but that’s the beauty of the website! It’s honest, entertaining and ridiculously comprehensive!

Amelia is a Chicago-native English major. Other than writing articles for Her Campus at UCLA, she enjoys speculative fiction, binging A24 films, and dissecting characters on the Personality Database.