Life > Experiences

The Autumn Spirit: How to Celebrate This Fall Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

As the cool breeze tickles your skin and the leaves change into dark earthen hues, embrace this season of change!

Every year, I patiently wait to mark my calendar off on the morning of September 22. It marks the first day of the coziest, most refreshing season, autumn.

The arrival of autumn grounds me. It’s a time to start fresh again, a time to lock into school, family and friends and a time to reflect on the past year. It’s a time where you begin to look forward to holidays and heartwarming memories; overall, it restores a positive outlook for the future.

In order to celebrate this time, I give my internal and external environments a makeover. The most important step is setting the mood, whether it be through a new cozy wardrobe or foliage-colored decor in your apartment. It’s so important to warm your mind and soul, so here are some ways I celebrate autumn:

Seasonal Beverages and Baked Goods

The first way to celebrate autumn is to inhale an exuberant amount of seasonal drinks and treats. Whether it’s a stop at Starbucks for a iced pumpkin chai tea or taking a bite into a slice of apple pie, these flavors will bring you back to past fall seasons. Share these moments with friends, baking until 2AM or “studying” at your local coffee shop.

Fall Movies and Shows

The best entertainment takes place when we imagine ourselves as a member of the cast in other universes. Some of the classics to return to are the Harry Potter and Twilight movies. Other favorites that are worth considering include Gilmore Girls and When Harry Mey Sally.

A New Soundtrack

Que Red (Taylor’s Version) please. Create or find a Spotify playlist with your favorite artists for a chill mood as you go on hot girl walks. Lana and Taylor do it best and are a great fallback if you don’t know where to start.

Ah, Autumn. A time to indulge and restart again.

Manal is a junior at UCLA studying molecular and cell biology. In her free time, she enjoys reading and traveling. She also loves art, food, and fashion.