The 7 Best Halloween Episodes to Induce Nostalgia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Halloween is coming up and this list, mostly from Disney Channel but with a solid Nickelodeon addition, is the perfect queue for Halloween nostalgia. In no particular order, here are my most recommended. Halloween episodes. 

Wizards of Waverly Place
Season 3, Episode 2: “Halloween”

In this Halloween special, the Russos are in for quite a task when their haunted house is in danger of being canceled for its lack of scariness. Justin’s idea of a peer pressure-themed haunted house is quickly thrown out in favor of a trip to the wizarding world for real ghosts to scare the trick-or-treaters. The banter between the family members is always great, and Max honestly makes me chuckle every time. Alex getting in an argument with her mom over unloading the dishwasher is the icing on the cake because, really, who hasn’t argued with their parents over the dishwasher? 

High Five Wizards Of Waverly Place GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
via GIPHY
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody
Season 1, Episode 19: “Ghost of 613”

Zack, Cody, London, Maddie and Esteban set out to stay the night in the haunted Suite 613 as they try to conjure the ghost of the scorned woman who allegedly resides there. With Esteban’s attempts to contact the spirit world, Erwin’s wacky ghost machine, and Zack and Cody’s bet to see who can stay in Suite 613 the longest, the episode is definitely funny and although it’s safe to say this episode is a far cry from Riverdale, it’s a good time. Honorable mention: the corny ~suspenseful~ music that enhances the ‘spookiness.’

Zack GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
via GIPHY
Shake It Up
Season 2, Episode 5: “Beam It Up”

This episode sees a feature of one of Disney Channel’s best songs. Yes. That’s right. THERE IS A DANCE NUMBER TO “CALLING ALL THE MONSTERS.” If that doesn’t make your inner nine year old (and current college-aged person) want to watch this episode, I don’t know what will. I’ll admit that the side plot of Flynn’s new neighbor being an alien is not the funniest, but it is entertaining, and Rocky and Cece’s date with two brothers evens out the score. With a hidden message warning to not judge a book by its cover, Rocky ends up going on a date with a guy who solely speaks Shakespearean English and threatens a joust at a moment’s notice. It’s fun, it’s playful and “Calling All the Monsters” is in it. What’s not to love?

Dancing With The Stars Replay GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
via GIPHY
That’s So Raven
Season 2, Episode 2: “Don’t Have a Cow”

Raven and Chelsea aren’t invited to a popular girl’s Halloween party, so they take measures into their own hands when they find a spell book and use it to grant all of their wishes. Things go a bit awry when Chelsea’s vegetarian pin (she’s harboring guilt over eating a hamburger) falls into the cauldron without them noticing, and Raven suddenly grows cow ears, while Chelsea develops a tail. Honestly, this show is always a solid 12/10, and this episode does not disappoint. This is probably my favorite episode from this list. It’s laugh-out-loud funny, and I’ll probably binge the rest of the season when I finish writing this. Great banter, great episode; nostalgia through the roof. 

Thats So Raven GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
via GIPHY
iCarly
Season 1, Episode 14: “I Scream on Halloween”

Similar to The Suite Life episode, the iCarly Halloween episode from season one revolves around a haunted apartment. When Carly accidentally gets a letter addressed to apartment 13B, she learns from Lewbert that the apartment hasn’t been occupied in 15 years and is haunted (gasp). Carly, Freddie and Sam decide to film their special Halloween show from 13B but things take a turn for the worse when they hear voices and get stuck in the apartment. Spencer is gifted a giant pumpkin from Socko and, in typical Spencer fashion, decides to carve it anyway. The little cameo from Lewbert and Socko is a great addition to an already funny episode, and the nostalgia definitely kicked in with this one because who didn’t spend their childhood wondering if we would ever see Socko??

Icarly GIF by Paramount+ - Find & Share on GIPHY
via GIPHY
Hannah Montana
Season 1, Episode 17: “Torn Between Two Hannahs”

It’s almost Halloween and Miley is in for a shock when Robby Ray informs her that her cousin Luann is visiting from Tennessee. Yes, the same Luann that pushed Miley down a well when she was six (even though everyone always just mentions when Luann pulled her out of said well). Miley comes off as paranoid about the arrival of her cousin, and no one believes her when she claims Luann is evil. However, everyone stands corrected when Luann pretends to be Miley at a Halloween party and starts to cause issues (she obviously didn’t know that Tracy has a nasal condition). Jackson and Robby Ray’s continued feud with the neighbor is hilarious, and the whole episode gives me Parent Trap vibes because Miley Cyrus plays both Miley and Luann. It’s a really good episode, and I feel like nine year old me whenever I watch it. 

Miley Cyrus GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
via GIPHY
Good Luck Charlie
Season 2, Episode 25: “Scary Had a Little Lamb”

I freaking love this episode. Amy and Bob dress up as each other for Halloween, PJ goes on a date with a girl and turns goth (and says he wants to be called JP now), Teddy and Ivy get revenge on a guy who scares Charlie while trick or treating and Mrs. Dabney ropes Gabe into signing a contract (that Gabe obviously didn’t read). Gabe and Mrs. Dabney’s banter is awesome, PJ cracks me up and the Duncans become ‘that house’ when Teddy decides they should be giving out carrots to trick-or-treaters instead of candy (such a Teddy thing to do). TBH, this is the only show my whole family can watch together, so it’s definitely a nostalgia inducer for me. Charlie’s gonna have a blast watching that video diary.

Bridgit Mendler Mind Blown GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
via GIPHY

In case these episodes don’t do it for you, some honorable mentions are The Suite Life on Deck’s “The Ghost and Mr. Martin” episode and literally any of the Phineas and Ferb Halloween specials. All of the episodes on the list are perfect for the Halloween mood, regardless of your chosen activities for the holiday. Happy Halloween Her Campus readers!

Leila is from New York City and is a second-year Statistics major at UCLA. When she's not looking for article ideas for HC UCLA, she can be found at the beach with a book or finding fun places around LA!