This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

The arrival of beautiful spring weather is accompanied by gorgeous flowers blossoming into the air.

Spring is often associated with growth throughout literature, and personally, I believe it truly is the perfect season to bloom. Let’s say that you, the reader, are a flower seed. A tulip, rose, peony, anything you like. You are planted into the ground, but in order to grow, you must receive a few essential things. These include water, nutrients, plenty of light, space to grow, the right temperature, and time. Similarly, as people, we need several significant components to grow into the best version of ourselves.

Water and nutrients = Healthy diet and lots of water

As college women, we are constantly on the move. From class to internships to Zoom meetings, we are so busy that we may not always be mindful of the food we are putting into our bodies. Try incorporating at least one fruit or vegetable into each meal and constantly hydrate throughout the day.

Light = Happiness

It is so, so crucial to do what makes you happy every single day. Spend time in nature and in the sun, whether it be tanning by the pool or eating lunch with your friends. Have beach days, shopping trips, study picnics, coffee dates, and more with the people you love. Make a playlist just for spring that you listen to as you walk to class. Find joy in the little things, like the person who smiled at you or the cute details of your outfit.

Space = Time for Yourself

Although we may feel the need to be constantly surrounded by people, it is also just as important to make time for yourself. Spend time meditating, writing, or completing an activity that allows you to feel content with yourself.

The Lalatennis Shoes Grass
Her Campus Media

Right temperature = Right environment

Part of growth is realizing your current environment may not be the right one for you. Evaluate the things you do everyday and the people you surround yourself with. Ask if these add meaning to your life in a positive way. If not, cut toxic people and situations out of your life.

Time = Your Time

Take your time with the process. Enjoy every moment of the journey because the path to blossoming is just as important as the pretty flower at the end. Although people may only see the product, you will know the work and effort you put into your growth <3

With an open mind and self-love, once you really begin to reflect on the basics in life, you can see yourself change and grow into the best you. All flowers may not look alike or grow at the same rate, but one day, you will get where you want to be.

Manal is a junior at UCLA studying molecular and cell biology. In her free time, she enjoys reading and traveling. She also loves art, food, and fashion.