“Quacked” My Way Around Boston on The Famous Boston Duck Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

There is truly nothing else like this unique half land/ half water tour. The Boston Duck Tours are the best way to see Boston, Cambridge and the Charles River. 

We met our Duck and ConDUCKtor at the Prudential Center, a large shopping center in Boston, bright and early at 11AM, ready for an adventure. Once everyone checked in, we climbed up a ladder and onto our “Duck,” a converted World War II vehicle now used as a tour bus/boat for Boston Duck Tours. Our Conductor, Choo Choo Charlie, welcomed the group by giving us a history lesson, sharing safety tips and teaching us how to “quack.” As guests of the Boston Duck Tour, it’s our responsibility to “quack” at other tour groups and even some citizens on the street. 

Our 80 minute tour drove past Copley Plaza (the Hotel from Suite Life of Zach and Cody), Boston Commons, Government Center, Newbury Street, Beacon Hill, the Holocaust Memmorial and more. We learned about the history of Boston and had some fun along the way, laughing at our driver’s dad jokes and duck puns. Our experienced and entertaining driver also recommended many museums, restaurants and attractions to stop by during our stay in Boston. 

The highlight of the tour was when our tour bus drove into the Charles River, morphing into a boat. Our driver even let all the kids and big kids – like myself – steer the wheel as we cruised down the river and enjoyed the views. Not sure why they trusted me with the wheels of the Duck, but it was quite an adventure – and a great photo opportunity. 

As we concluded the tour, we quacked a “thank you” to our amazing tour guide and driver who really made this experience amazing for us. Boston Duck Tours are a MUST for anyone visiting the Boston area for the first time. It’s the fastest – and most fun- way to learn the history of Boston, see all the sites, and enjoy the breathtaking views.

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com