Style > Beauty

I’ve Tried Almost Every Single Glossier Product: Here Are My Yay’s And Nay’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I have loved the brand Glossier since I was a little pre-teen just getting into makeup for the first time. During one of my first visits to LA when I was younger, I went to the original Glossier store and bought a balm dot com. I thought I was the coolest person ever.

From there, my collection just continued to grow. As I got older and actually learned how to use makeup, I tried more and more of the products. I really liked almost everything that I tried, and I loved buying makeup, so the cycle just kept continuing (and when they started selling Glossier in Sephora, I was done for). I loved the aesthetic of the brand and always had my little collection displayed on my desk; all of the pink products looked so pretty together.

As I’ve used these products more, alongside products from other brands, I’ve developed my favorite Glossier products. These are the ones that I’ll re-order when they start feeling a little empty. And on the flip side, I also have the products that mostly sit unused on my desk, because there’s just something better out there. Just because I love the brand doesn’t mean that every item will be a hit! So, here are my thoughts on what’s actually worth your money at Glossier.

YAY: Stretch Concealer

Starting off strong with this one! This concealer is one of my favorites that I have ever tried. It has such a light and sheer coverage, and I love to use it on my under-eyes to help me look a little less exhausted. I also love the packaging; the pot container makes it so easy to apply. I just dab some on my finger and apply it right to my face – it’s so quick and easy, and I prefer it to the typical concealer wand applicator.

YAY: Ultralip Lip Gloss

Another strong yay! This might be one of my favorite Glossier products, and one of my favorite lip products that I own. This lippie is kind of a cross between a lipstick and a lip gloss, and it’s so colorful and shiny upon application. The color will stay for a while, and it’s not super sticky, which is something that I always look for. I have this product in multiple colors, and it’s what I always reach for when I do a full face of makeup.

NAY: Boy Brow

Might be a hot take here, but this product just falls short for me. To me, an eyebrow gel that’s $20 should be amazing, and I just don’t think this one is. It performs the exact same way that my e.l.f. brow gel does, and that one is considerably cheaper. It’s a nice eyebrow gel, don’t get me wrong, just not what I was expecting. Also, this formula made the skin under my eyebrows break out really bad, which was sucky.

YAY: Cloudpaint Blush

I am definitely a blush girlie, and this one hits all my criteria. I love how lightweight this one is and how easy it is to blend. I also apply this one with my finger; it’s so quick and takes me literally seconds to do. It’s just a nice little touch of color, and I love all of the colors that they have.

NAY: Haloscope Highlighter

This product just didn’t do it for me. I love the idea of a highlighter stick, but this one just didn’t have any super strong shine to it, and I felt like when I put it on it didn’t do anything. It was also a little hard to blend, as the formula is kind of sticky, and I felt like it was just hard to make it look right on my face. There are definitely better highlighters out here (I’m looking at you, Rare Beauty!).

YAY: Lash Slick Mascara

This is probably the product that I use most from Glossier, and I have definitely bought multiple tubes of this. I love this mascara so much. It’s just so light and natural-looking, and I love the slight length and color that it gives my lashes. If you’re going for a more natural lash look, I definitely recommend this mascara.

NAY: Futuredew Oil Serum

I wanted to like this product so much, because I love that dewy and glowy skin look. But this product just made my face look so ridiculously oily, and even when I put makeup on top of it, I couldn’t fix it. It also kind of made me break out, so this product just definitely wasn’t for me.

These are some of my strongest opinions about Glossier products, but overall, I really love this brand. I have so much fun going to their store on Melrose, and I definitely recommend stopping by if you ever get the chance!

Maia Hull

UCLA '26

Maia is a second year microbiology and immunology major and mathematics minor from San Diego, CA. She loves to read and write, snowboard, go swimming, and hang out with friends, as well as the occasional shopping spree.