Here’s What Christmas Song I Would Give You Based On Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

In the words of Christmas icon Mariah Carey herself, “it’s time.” Now that 2023 is drawing to a close and we’ve all viewed our Spotify Wrapped, it’s time to focus our listening on what really matters this time of year. There’s no feeling quite like being able to listen to Christmas music for the first time in months. If you’re anything like me, your holiday playlist is vast—but if you’re not, I’m ready to bless you with some of my top picks! In my opinion, here is the song you NEED to listen to this holiday season based on your zodiac sign.

Aries: “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” by *NSYNC

Starting off, let me offer a hot take: the *NSYNC Christmas album may be the best holiday album of all time. This song never fails to get me in a good mood and brings life to any party, much like an Aries. Hopefully the energy in this track can keep up with all the fiery Aries out there. 

Taurus: “Santa Doesn’t Know You Like I Do” by Sabrina Carpenter

This is a decision that comes COMPLETELY biased, because I am a Taurus and this is my new favorite song of the year. Written by fellow Taurus (and my icon) Sabrina, nothing screams “Taurus” like a reliable, loyal girl who knows her man even better than Santa could. For the full effect, I highly recommend watching the music video and admiring all of the cute winter looks.

Gemini: “Santa baby” by Eartha Kitt

“Santa Baby” is a staple of any holiday playlist. While people may have mixed feelings about this song, I think the playful nature of it is perfect for a Gemini. It doesn’t take itself too seriously, and I think it encapsulates the outgoing, silly spirit of a Gemini. 

Cancer: “Santa Tell me” by ariana Grande

A modern classic by the Cancer queen herself, “Santa Tell Me” is the perfect song for Cancers. Their desire for reassurance and security in relationships aligns perfectly with Ariana’s plea to Santa himself. This recommendation also couldn’t come at a better time, now that she’s released the “naughty version” of the song. 

Leo: “Mistletoe” by Justin Bieber

This pick may not seem so obvious, but hear me out! Much like Leos, I think that “Mistletoe” just has a way of commanding attention and getting in your head. Leos are known primarily for their confidence, but they’ve also got huge hearts and lots of love to give—much like Justin and his shawty in this track. 

Virgo: “What Christmas Means to Me” By Stevie Wonder

My beloved fellow Earth signs, this song perfectly exemplifies all of the love that Virgos have to give. The ultimate planners, Virgos will love how Stevie Wonder lays out a perfect romantic holiday filled with cheer. It’s also featured in “Elf”, so what could be better?

Libra: “This Christmas” by Donny Hathaway

This song is such an easy, peaceful listen and I think it’s perfect for a Libra. It shows the balance between celebrating the holidays and making time for your special person. With plenty of different versions, “This Christmas” is bound to keep the Libras entertained. 

Scorpio: “Last Christmas” by Wham

Another absolute banger, the wistful nostalgia of “Last Christmas” is perfect for a Scorpio. While Scorpios are known for being strong, they also have a lot of passion and sensitivity underneath the surface. I can totally picture a Scorpio listening to this during the holidays and reminiscing about the one that got away. 

Sagittarius: “Underneath the Tree” by Kelly Clarkson

Few songs can get me into the Christmas spirit quite like “Underneath the Tree.” Just as captivating as a Sagittarius, this song has the perfect feel-good energy that aligns with the optimism and confidence of this sign. 

Capricorn: “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey

Clearly this one needs no introduction. I LOVE Capricorns, and it only felt right to grace them with the Christmas song of all Christmas songs. Mariah’s one-track focus on her love amidst the holiday season lines up with the determination and no-nonsense attitudes that Capricorns are known for.

Aquarius: “Have yourself a merry little christmas” by Michael Buble

What is a Christmas list without Michael Buble? While this track slows it down a little, I chose it because I think something slow is perfect for an intelligent, complex Aquarius. It’s not just a happy holiday song; it’s got a deeper message that I think an Aquarius could totally appreciate.

pisces: “Christmas Tree Farm” by Taylor swift

Sorry, fellow Swifties—only one sign could have it! A December baby herself, Taylor sings about the dreamlike scene of having a Christmas tree farm with the one you love with the type of idealism that will resonate with all the romantic, imaginative Pisces of the world. 

While this list only brushes the surface of all the holiday music out there, hopefully these picks can help guide your listening this December. Whether you prefer the poppy tracks or like to stick to the classics, it never hurts to expand your musical horizons. We only get the chance to listen to the whole genre one time a year, so you better make it count! 

Kelly is a second-year Communications major at UCLA from Pasadena, California. During her free time, she can usually be found lost in a book, grabbing a coffee, or obsessing over the latest reality TV show.