Culture > News

Get Ready: The Bunny Cafe Is Coming To Woodland Hills!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Yes, you read the title correctly. Bunnies are coming to Woodland Hills this spring!

Head down to Woodland Hills where you can enjoy a nice cup of coffee all while gently petting bunnies. The Bunny Cafe is not your typical coffee shop. At this pop-up, you have the opportunity to pet, feed, and play with cuddly rabbits. This is a unique way for people to relax, enjoy their day and make new friends with other rabbit lovers.  

But the Bunny Cafe isn’t just a place where people can go relax and spend time with rabbits and friends. It’s also a place that brings awareness to rabbit adoptions. Sometimes it’s hard for these cute furry animals to find a forever home. Taking care of a bunny is not easy. They require a lot of care, attention and love in their own way. My sister and I have a bunny named Honey. She is the cutest, but definitely requires lots of love.

At this cafe, you will have the opportunity to learn about rabbit adoption, how to take care of them and the types of food they eat. Because believe it or not, rabbits do not just eat carrots. In fact, they eat different types of food. For instance, Honey’s favorite snack is a banana! 

To attend this event there are two ticket options: one hour for $25 or two hours for $44. The hours and days vary so be sure to check out their website since they do not offer this event everyday of the week. 

Keep in mind there is an age limit, not everyone is allowed to attend. Only ages five and up are allowed. It’s important to remember that rabbits have feelings and aren’t toys. So, know that rabbits need to be respected and caressed carefully. 

With the purchase of a ticket you also get some freebies! Who doesn’t like free stuff? Your purchase includes free pictures, a Bunny Cafe keychain, bunny food, stickers and more fun surprises.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that rabbits shed a lot, so you can expect to have rabbit hair on your clothes. That is why the event organizer, JoyGrab, encourages customers to wear comfortable clothes and shoes. 

This event will take place at 22030 Ventura Blvd. Don’t miss this cute opportunity! Tickets are selling quickly, so be sure to get yours whenever you have the chance. I hope you all have a great time at this new pop-up cafe!

Maria Alfaro is a fourth year student at UCLA majoring in Sociology and minoring in Spanish. She joined HerCampus at UCLA in 2021 and ever since has been able to do what she enjoys; write and share her stories with everyone. Her love for journalism grows with each story she gets to write. She loves to meet new people and learn new things. In her free time you can find her exploring the city of LA, dancing, binge-watching, blogging or relaxing.