Campus Style: Niki Parikh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Niki Parikh does it all– a pre med schedule with research, volunteering, captaining a dance team, and co-hosting a national competition. She sleeps four hours a night, but nobody would ever be able to tell with all the positive energy she puts out in the world every day. What’s her secret? Her style! I got a chance to talk to her about how her style gives her extra energy to get through her day.

1.     How would you describe your style?

a.     I’m not sure if my style falls under any one category. If anything, my style is a mixture of various mainstream styles—it just depends on my mood. Some days I wear more “preppy” or girly outfits while the next I wear something more laid-back or “hipster.”

2.     Who do you look to for style advice and tips?

a.     I look on Pinterest a lot! Whenever I get a new piece of clothing I always go on Pinterest to see how to best wear it and I get a bunch of cool ideas. I also read a lot of style magazines in my free time!

3.     With such a busy premed schedule, how do you find time to put together your outfits in the morning?

a.     It does take a bit of an extra effort to get ready for school but I think its really fun putting together outfits everyday. Especially in the morning, it really wakes me up and motivates me for the full day ahead of me. Sometimes when I put on a cute outfit, I feel less tired (as weird as that sounds).

4.     How has your style changed since high school?

a.     Since high school, I have definitely become girlier. I used to wear a lot of dark colors in high school. I still love my dark colors, like black, gray, navy blue, maroon, etc. but I also love wearing colors like coral, mint, yellow and other more lively colors!

5.     What’s an item you can’t live without?

a.     It’s so hard to choose just one thing but if I had to it would be my gray Brandy Melville cardigan. It’s so comfortable and works with almost every outfit. I wear it so much and it has lasted me over a year, I never get tired of it!

6.     What’s an item you’re dying to have?

a.     I am really looking for high-waisted camouflage print shorts at the moment!

7.     What are your predictions for trends this season?

a.     For the fall season, I see a lot of plaid coming in style and camouflage print. As for colors, Burgundy and emerald green are becoming really popular and I love those colors for fall!!

UCLA '15 Major: Psychobiology Hometown: San Jose