liorjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
liorjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Lior Behdadnia

Campus Cutie: Lior Behdadnia, A Complete Jewish Bruin Catch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Lior Behdadnia: Los Angeles native, 2019 Mr.Hillel People’s Choice Winner, UCLA College of Letters and Sciences graduate. Single and always ready to mingle. Lior transferred to UCLA as a political science major back in 2017. Coming in with excitement, he dipped his feet in the UCLA inverted fountain water with little to no hesitation, joining as an active member in UCLA’s student government body and countless Jewish organizations, to name a few on-campus involvements. It would be foolish to sleep on his impact at UCLA. With that, let’s dive a little deeper into what goes on in the mind of our favorite single NJB.

Her Campus: What are some things you know now that you wish you knew when transferring?

Lior Behdadnia: Enjoy every single moment! 2 years goes by so fast you won’t even realize it. It’s important to balance academics and your social life so you can really get the most out of your time here. Both are just as important as the other!

HC: How have you kept ties with your Iranian and Jewish upbringing when coming to college?

LB: I was lucky enough to find my place at UCLA’s Jewish Bruins’ Home, Hillel. I’ve met so many people with similar identities and backgrounds that made holding onto mine easy. As far as my Iranian culture, I’m the definition of Persian Persuasion.

HC: If you could change one thing about UCLA, what would it be?

LB: Taking someone on a date at Janss Steps should be a graduation requirement.

HC: Best advice you could give to a freshman?

LB: One of my favorite quotes is, “Don’t count the days, make the days count”. That being, don’t rush through school waiting for what’s next, like graduation, but rather make the most out of every situation and experience. You’re only going to be an undergraduate once.

HC: You can only listen to one song for the rest of your life. What would it be?

LB: “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz. No questions asked. It’s just a super happy song and one that I can easily serenade my future wife with.

HC: If you could hit “edit” on one experience from the past two years, which would it be, what would you change, and why?

LB: I don’t believe in edits; everything in life happens for a reason. Our past is what makes us who we are, no need to go back!

HC: What inspires you?

LB: Seeing someone be selfless or do a random act of kindness reminds me of all the good in the world. It pushes me to be my best and do the same.

HC: What’s your spirit animal?

LB: For all the ladies out there, I’m a Leo, so obviously my spirit animal is a Lion. I like to think I’m fierce with a little sensitive side; I can protect you in times of fear but also give you that emotional support. I’m the king of the jungle, baby.

HC: What 3 small fixes would make the world a better place?

LB: 

1. Free Coffee Mondays, because we all need that post-weekend pick-me- up.

2. No More Telephone: throw away the game of telephone when getting know your future beau. 

3. Freshman Clothing Drive: Donate those clothes from freshman year to someone in need, please.   

HC: What does female empowerment mean to you?

LB: Female empowerment is supporting women in all of their pursuits. It means having that “yes” mentality, not an old -ashioned “no, you’re a girl, you can’t do that”. Of course girls can do that.

A big shout-out to Lior for sharing all things campus-life, Lior’s life and some random takes. This goes to show what’s really out there. So ladies, quit complaining! 

Nicolette is sophomore at UCLA studying psychobiology with a minor in professional writing. She is the author of her first published book, Control Mindset, a nonfiction guide to taking control of your mind & reality. Her aspirations are in the field of medicine, but she enjoys connecting the art of writing and creation with the sciences. She thinks writing biographies is very hard so she is butchering this as she types. She thanks you for reading her article and hopes you learned something new. She also loves coffee and needs some right now. She argues dark roast is the best roast. She's also probably hungry right now. Nom nom.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.