Meet J.r. Sungvornyothin, this week’s Campus Cutie! J.r. is a 3rd year Psychology major from Greenville, SC. Be sure to catch him as the lead in UCLA’s Thai Culture Night 2015! You can get more information about the show at https://www.facebook.com/events/454384168062399/.
1. What made you get involved in Thai Culture Night?
I first got involved my first year when I met another Thai person who invited me to come audition for the drama. I had never done something like it before so I said, ‘why not?’ I ended up getting the role of the villain and have loved acting ever since.
2. Are you involved in any other extracurricular activities?
I used to be involved with NSU, VSU, and UCLA archery. I am currently involved with ACA.
3. What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to rave! It’s become a huge part of my life ever since I came to California.
4. Where is your favorite place to study on campus?
5. If you could travel through time and meet anyone, who would it be and why?
I would’ve loved to meet Heath Ledger in the months leading up to the filming of the Dark Knight. His dedication to the arts of acting are inspiring to me.
6. What has been your favorite experience at UCLA so far and why?
My favorite experience would have to be ACA’s annual ski trip. I’m a big fan of snow, and being able to go down a nice mountain with some friends is just bliss.
7. Are there any other fun facts about you?
I’m currently learning how to play the spoons.