Campus Celebrity: Ay’Anna Moody

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is none other than my RA from last year, Ay’Anna Moody. She’s one of the coolest people I’ve met here at UCLA and definitely one of the most invovled. Balancing RA duties, a heavy course load, and several other activities on campus isn’t a easy task–but she makes it look so effortless! So I decided to catch up with her and ask her a few questions! 

Name: Ay’Anna Moody

Major: Political Science/African American Studies

Year: 4th year

Hometown: Oakland, Ca

What is your favorite thing about UCLA?
My favorite thing about UCLA is the opportunity to network with both students and faculty. I have been involved in almost every major entity on campus so UCLA definitely provides you with the agency if you want it. My advice is to get involved!

What are the clubs/activities are you involved with here on campus?
At UCLA, I am Chief Justice of Judicial Board, Campus Campaign Coordinator for Teach for America, UCLA Students for Education Reform Co-Founder and Co-Chapter Leader, Resident Assistant, Undergraduate Researcher and Bruin Ambassador.

How long have you been an RA?
I have been a Resident Assistant for 2 years.

What’s the most rewarding part about being an RA?
The most rewarding part about being a RA is connecting with residents in a meaningful way that often times translates into a friendship. I also love helping New Bruins navigate UCLA.

Do you have any crazy stories about things that you’ve encountered as an RA?
So many lol I do not know how appropriate they are to share.

Any plans for after graduation?
Most dreaded question! I got into both graduate schools and Teach for America so only time will tell

I’m sure you’ve racked up quite a few great memories and fun times at UCLA. What was your favorite memory of them all?
I have had sooo many!! Definitely my Freshman Year Bruin Bash with LMFAO! INCREDIBLEEEEEE and studying abroad in England.

Do you have any advice that for other students that are interested in getting involved with residential life here on campus?

Take risks and ask questions !!! Getting involved with ORL it will sure open doors of opportunity you never would have thought they would.

UCLA '15 Major: Psychobiology Hometown: San Jose
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.