A Foodie’s Guide To Disneyland: Top Treats and Snacks That You Have To Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

As both a self-proclaimed Disney fanatic and a foodie, I’ve tried my fair share of snacks at Disneyland. I’m a firm believer that at Disneyland, the fun treats are a huge part of the experience, along with the attractions. Various foods that I’ve tried there bring back memories, transporting me back to certain places or being with certain people. Of the many snacks and drinks that I have tried, here are some of my favorites:

Cold Brew Black Caf

Starting off strong with a must for coffee lovers, this unique drink can be found in the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge part of Disneyland Park. This totally Instagrammable drink is a cold brew topped with sweet cream cheese foam and Cocoa Puffs. While the coffee itself is pretty strong, it’s perfectly balanced out by the sweet topping. When in need of a pick-me-up after a long day of walking all over the park, this one is sure to do the trick.

Mac And Cheese Cone

Personally, I think Cars Land is the best area in all of Disney’s California Adventure. The Cozy Cone Motel (as seen in the movie Cars) offers different snacks at cone-shaped buildings (seriously, so cute). My favorite is this mac and cheese, which comes in a bread bowl shaped like a cone. The cone shape makes this super easy to walk and eat. While you’re in the area, be sure to hit the Radiator Springs Racers ride (my all-time favorite).

Disneyland Mac and cheese
Original photo by lily oneal
Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Bar

This frozen treat triggers instant nostalgia for me. Growing up in Florida and going to Disney World, I have so many memories of being in the parks and biting into one of these on a hot day. This bar is filled with vanilla ice cream and covered in a chocolate hard shell. It really doesn’t feel like a trip to a Disney park without one of these, it’s such a classic. They can be found at various ice cream stands throughout both parks. 

Mickey Mouse Pretzel

This is exactly what the name implies. It’s a big soft pretzel in the shape of Mickey Mouse. This one can be found all over both parks at various stands. This is a big plus in my opinion since they are never too difficult to find when you’re craving one. Good news for all those that follow a plant-based diet, this snack is completely vegan! 

Jack-Jack Cookie Num Num

You’ll understand the name of this one if you’ve seen Incredibles 2. Inspired by the cookies that Mr. Incredible uses to tame Jack-Jack, this is not your average chocolate chip cookie. It’s thick, warm and decadent (I’d definitely suggest sharing it with someone). This one is available at Disney’s California Adventure right next to the Incredicoaster.  

Mickey Mouse Beignet

Whenever I’d watch The Princess and the Frog as a kid, I’d want to try Tiana’s famous beignets. These beignets found in Disneyland Park’s New Orleans Square definitely lived up to that hype. They are served fresh and covered in powdered sugar. One order comes with a few beignets, so this is perfect for sharing. 

beignet in mickey shape with drink
Original photo by Lily O\’Neal

Overall, it’s hard to go wrong with Disneyland food. Whether you need a coffee to keep you going, or an ice cream to cool down, Disney has so many fun options. Wherever your Disneyland adventures may take you, have fun and don’t forget to treat yourself!

Lily is a third year Political Science major at UCLA from Sarasota, FL. In her free time, she loves binge-watching sitcoms, listening to music, and finding new coffee shops.