7 MOVIES TO STREAM DURING YOUR HOT GIRL HIBERNATION

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I realize it’s not quite winter break, and a lot of us (myself included) have a few more essays and exams we need to slog through. But I just can’t help thinking about everything I’m going to do once the quarter is over. I already know that one thing I want to do is bundle myself up in blankets and put on a movie or two in bed. Pair that with hot cocoa, and it’ll be as close to heaven as I get. These days, there are countless streaming platforms, and you’re probably faced with choice paralysis. No worries, I’m here to help you narrow down your options, so you can get to relaxing:

Guardians of the Galaxy

Winter break is the perfect time to binge your favorites from different franchises. I know I’ve made it my goal to work my way through the Marvel Cinematic Universe, starting from a rewatch of Iron Man. One Marvel movie I recommend is Guardians of the Galaxy. It has a lot of classic Marvel humor in it, and it’s fun to watch alone and with family. On top of that, there’s a holiday special streaming on Disney+.

Where to stream: Disney+

Studio ghibli films

If you’re more of a whimsical, cottagecore type of gal, then a Studio Ghibli movie is perfect for you. Check out movies like Tales from Earthsea, Howl’s Moving Castle or my personal favorite, Spirited Away. Maybe animated films are a genre you’ve never gotten into. Well, Studio Ghibli movies are perfect if you’re trying to experiment with something new.

Where to stream: HBO Max

jujutsu kaisen 0

Looking for more modern animation with a lot of cool action scenes? Jujutsu Kaisen 0 just hit Crunchyroll in September, so it’s now available to stream. The movie acts like a prequel to the main anime series, Jujutsu Kaisen, but it has a different main character and acts as its own standalone story. While it does hint at things in the main series, you can totally watch this movie without committing to the entire show.

Where to watch: Crunchyroll

everything everywhere all at once

Everything Everywhere All at Once is probably my favorite movie that got released this year. If you’re like me, then you love fun, action-packed scenes with humor at every turn. Mixed in with all of that is a heart wrenching family drama with relatable characters. I’m also really biased about recommending this movie because I just love seeing some Asian representation in Hollywood!

Where to stream: YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Paramount+, Hulu

Star wars films

Star Wars movies are an absolute classic, so why not get to watching or rewatching them during our month-long break? With so many new shows and spin-offs available, it may be good to watch the originals to see what all the hype is about. Or, if you just want to skip all of that and binge The Mandalorian for cute baby Yoda content, that’s fine too.

Where to stream: Disney+

how the grinch stole christmas

The classic How the Grinch Stole Christmas is fun to watch with friends and family, and I recommend it if you haven’t seen it yet. But if you have, there are other, newer versions of this film. Most recently, there was an animated adaptation of the classic story called The Grinch. The main character is voiced by the man, Benedict Cumberbatch, himself. So, of course, it’s a must-watch!

Where to stream: Hulu, HBO Max

Bohemian Rhapsody

I haven’t seen this movie, but this is one off of my ‘to be watched’ list that I want to share. I’ve always been a fan of Queen, so it’s kind of embarrassing that I haven’t seen this movie yet, but winter break is the perfect time to finally get on it! Bohemian Rhapsody got amazing reviews, and Rami Malek is an amazing actor. You should watch it too and hit me up with your thoughts!

Where to stream: Hulu

Now you have no excuse for scrolling through countless titles claiming that there’s nothing to watch. If you’re feeling that choice paralysis, just pick one of these options and enjoy the show. Happy hot girl hibernation!

Louise is a junior double majoring in English and Economics. She loves reading contemporary fiction and making Spotify playlists.