Style > Fashion

7 Great Shoes For All the Walking You’re Going to Do on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Imagine this: you make it back to your dorm after a long day of classes, and your Health App tells you your step count for the day has already reached 15,000. Only, your feet seem to have already told you that because they can’t wait to get out of your shoes. Luckily for you, I’ve found the perfect combination of shoes that are not only stylish but will support your feet throughout your busy college days.

allbirds tree runners

While this brand may be famous for their Wool Runners, their Tree Runners made of eucalyptus pulp honestly feel like you are walking on air. The insoles are made of the same wool as Wool Runners, but the shoe itself is much more breathable, making it perfect for the hot LA sun. They are made to be lightweight and airy, and their minimalist style makes them easy to wear with any outfit.

birkenstocks

Yes, these sandals have become the “love ‘em or hate ‘em” classics of our day, but you can’t deny their comfort. Birkenstocks are literally made to contour to your feet over time, and for additional relief, I recommend getting the soft footbeds as well. Though their unique appearance might make them seem too chunky, they honestly go with anything, but if your feet are a bit on the delicate side, try not getting the leather strapped shoes because they may bite at your feet in the long run. 

skechers memory foam sneakers

Now, you may be thinking: I haven’t thought about Skechers since I knew they could light up. While this may be a valid point, these sneakers are snug enough to change your mind. Made of the same material found in your favorite mattress, these no-lace shoes are effortless to slip on and even more painless to walk in. They come in any design your heart desires and honestly feel like pillows for your feet.

fila disruptor II

Ah, yes, the chunky sneakers of our dreams. These sneakers are a bit on the heavier end compared to most of the others on this list, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be wearable. The Fila Disruptor IIs are guaranteed to get you compliments with their unique designs and are especially worth it if you want an extra height boost. Just keep in mind that you will have to size up because the front of the shoe is especially snug.

adidas cloudfoam sneakers

The name “Cloudfoam” certainly does these shoes justice because they are so airy, you will forget you’re wearing them. They aren’t as shock absorbent as their other Adidas counterparts, but they are narrow and slim, making them fit your feet to the T. These sneakers are great for just staying on your feet and come in 23 colors, so you have to be able to find one that is perfect for you.

nike air force 1

There is no way you haven’t heard of these before (and honestly, you probably already own a pair of Air Forces), but I just had to include them in this list. Not only will these timeless sneakers go with everything in your closet, but their durability and flexible frames are made to keep your feet close to the ground and will support you on all those walks around campus. And if you’re worried about them creasing, just get crease protectors!

Toms canvas shoes

Sometimes, sneakers could mess up an outfit, or they just aren’t the vibe for that day, so what do you wear when you want to help your feet? TOMS. Unlike most Canvas shoes, these do not slip and are designed to hug your feet. Their insoles are cushioned and made to support your arch, so you won’t feel every rock you step on like some other shoes. Overall, these shoes are a great transition into fall, and even better, for every pair you purchase, TOMS donates a pair to a child in need. What more could you want!

Hopefully, this list can save your feet some agony after all the work they do for us. Soon enough, you will be able to smile looking down at your step tracker instead of already knowing what it is going to say.

Neeti is a UCLA student who has loved writing ever since she was born, whether that meant composing poetry or writing opinionated articles. She loves learning languages and is currently learning her fifth one. She loves water, hiking, biking, playing with her dog, and listening to music.