Style

6 Thrift Shops In LA That Are Perfect For Every Broke College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

If you are a broke college student looking for new clothes in Los Angeles, this is the perfect list for you. Thrift shops are truly a godsend that will keep you looking cute and doesn’t break your bank! Here are six thrift shops in LA to check out:

Goodwill

There are a ton of Goodwills scattered around LA, but some locations are definitely better than others. The one on La Brea comes with a huge variety of clothes and is practically in the center of LA! A good thing about Goodwill is that they have a “color of the week,” in which clothes of the selected color are sold at a discounted price! Located at 817 S La Brea Ave Los Angeles CA 90036.

Council Thrift Shop

This thrift shop has a lot of vintage items, furniture, and clothes. What more can you want? Located at 6210 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028.

Melrose Trading Post

This is more like a flea market that sells everything from clothes to furniture. The catch is that it’s only open on Sundays! Located at Fairfax High School (7850 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046)

Out of the Closet

They have some funky stuff here, but you’ll definitely be able to snag at least one cute shirt or pants if you look closely! Located at 360 N Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036.

Jet Rag

Jet Rag has crazy $1 Sunday Sales, but usually, it is a nice, calm thrift store where you can find your favorite vintage, denim, brand clothing items. Located at 825 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038.

Wasteland

This last one is definitely on the pricey side, but it is so worth it because they have a huge selection of clothes with so many different brands. The clothes here are of high quality and don’t look secondhand! Located at 7428 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90046.

Living in Los Angeles means two things: you are most likely broke and into fashion. Dressing well is seen as one of the hallmarks of living in Los Angeles. Find the best clothes for cheap at these thrift shops!

Lauren is a fourth-year Psychology major with a minor in Asian Languages at UCLA from Studio City, California. In addition to writing as a feature writer for Her Campus at UCLA, she loves reading for leisure, playing with her dogs, and watching The Office.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.