Life > Experiences

6 Songs That Make You Wanna Say “Let’s Go For A Drive”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I don’t know about you, but for me, there are certain songs that just hit harder when you’re in the car. I can’t help but associate them with cruising on the road, taking in what’s around me and good company. So, if you like going on drives or even the idea of them as much as I do, here are a couple of must-adds to your driving playlist:

ghost town by casper jones

This song just makes me happy. I love how it switches from beach-town calm melodies and whistling to sharper trappy notes that catch you off guard in the best way possible. I find myself caught in a trance and just waiting for when the beat drops because it makes you feel something. Trust me, you’re going to want this song’s bass in your car.

weekend by mac miller ft. miguel

Mac Miller has a very iconic rhythm to his music, and part of what makes it so special is the way he plays around with beats and leaves you guessing with where he’s going to go with the song. It fills your mind with images of a weekend rush and how you can use it to just forget about the worries of the week for a while. The thoughts he talks about are almost as intricate as the melody itself.

habit by still woozy

Based on this song alone, you can tell why “Woozy” is in his name. His songs take you to a fantasy wonderland, and you can just imagine the neon and euphoric colors that come with it. Needless to say, this song will take you on a trip, while you’re on your trip.

high school by alt bloom

This song just screams nostalgia and good times. It makes me want to be more carefree and just sounds best on an open road. Whenever I hear it, I want to sing along to it at the top of my lungs with the people I’m closest to, and honestly, that’s what going on a drive is really about.

automatic by fly by midnight ft. jake miller

The harmonies on this down-tempo track transport you to the moment you make an instantaneous connection with someone, but even more than that, they compel you to flow and move along with them, perfect for jamming on the road. Let me warn you, though, the “Duh-duh-duh-dum-dum, duh-duh-dum” tune is bound to get stuck in your head.

let’s go to hell by tai verdes

Songs that talk about adventure and doing whatever you want are the perfect thing to listen to when you’re crafting your own path on a drive to “nowhere.” His music just feels fresh but happy-go-lucky at the same time, allowing you to pretend you’re as rebellious as he is while you nod along to his lyrics.

Listening to music in the car is easily one of the best feelings because of how freeing and nostalgic it can be. Hopefully, some of these recommendations will have you vibing out and can help you stop worrying about the rest of the world for just a little while.

Neeti is a UCLA student who has loved writing ever since she was born, whether that meant composing poetry or writing opinionated articles. She loves learning languages and is currently learning her fifth one. She loves water, hiking, biking, playing with her dog, and listening to music.