This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

With Halloween fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking about costumes. Although some of us (ahem, me) have been planning out our costumes for months, there are still a lot of people who are spending their free evenings frantically googling “Halloween Costume Ideas” in hopes of finding a great costume for the occasion. However, for those of us who are sapphic, couples’ costume ideas are…well, less than plentiful. So, here’s six sapphic couples costumes for the procrastinating college girlies.

Sun and Moon

Ah, one of the quintessential sapphic symbols: celestial bodies. Invoke your inner astrology gay with this fun, simple couples’ costume. For the sun, you’re going to want to create an outfit with lots of yellows, oranges and golds. Add a necklace, earrings or waist chain for an additional touch. Do some makeup in those beautiful golden hues. And for the moon, give us an outfit with lots of silvers, grays and maybe even a touch of blue. You can buy a set of jewelry like this in order to complete the look! Then, hit the town with an easy, stunning costume that doesn’t hurt your pockets.

Princess and Knight

What can I say, I’m a sucker for romance tropes. Who needs a prince and a princess when you have a princess and her bodyguard? This one is a bit more hefty on the pockets, so I’m going to give the cheapest version (which you can spice up if you’re so inclined). For our knight, you can get a faux chainmail shirt and a fake sword. Pair that up with some tight-fitting pants, boots and a belt and you’re golden. For the princess, you can combine basically any dress and a tiara. Or, if you want a more masculine take, an open-collar shirt and a crown work just as well.

Megan and Graham

A great costume idea is to dress up as this iconic sapphic duo from the movie But I’m A Cheerleader. For Megan, just get a cheerleader costume (but make sure it’s in orange). And for Graham, a black button-down is the way to go.

Vampire and Victim

If you’re looking for a hot costume for you and your partner, this is a great choice. For this one, you’re going to need a lot of fake blood. Our vampire needs to pair any black outfit with some fangs and red lipstick. For the victim, you’re going to need a button-down white shirt. Put some splatters of blood on it and unbutton it as much as you’re comfortable with (might want to get some lingerie for this one). Then, put some dots of blood on your neck where the fangs would be. If you want, you can also smudge the same lipstick of the vampire on the victim’s lips to add an extra sexy touch.

Little Red Riding Hood and The Wolf

If you know one thing about me, it’s that I’m a sucker for sapphic fairytale twists, I mean, just look at my book (yes, this is a shameless self-promo). A great twist is Little Red Riding Hood and her wolf. For Red, you’ll need a medieval-esque outfit with a red cloak and a basket. With the wolf, grab a gray outfit and add some ears and a tail. Then you and your partner will be able to head off into the woods in style.

Scissors

I’m just…I’m just gonna leave the link…uh, right…um, here.

So, there’s some inspiration for all you sapphics that are scrambling to find a costume before Halloween. These ideas look great and hopefully won’t hurt your pockets too much. And, if you see me and my girlfriend anywhere (we’re dressing as Flynn Rider and Rapunzel), we’ll make sure to wish you a Happy Halloween. 

Jessica is a first year English major at UCLA. She loves both reading and writing, having even published her debut novel "The World Above the Waves" in 2022. When she isn't delving into literature, you can find her playing d&d, listening to music, or wherever either her twin sister or girlfriend are. She's so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team.