5 Unique Gifts From Etsy That Your Friends And Family Will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

The holidays are once again upon us, and you know what that means: you’ll have great times with friends and family, eat great food and experience not-so-great stress about what gifts you’re going to give everyone. Gift-giving is an art; you have to balance practicality with thoughtfulness. And, of course, you have to stay within a college student’s budget. Luckily, there’s a site with countless products that meet all of these requirements: Etsy. 

I had never really shopped on Etsy until a few months ago, but I quickly realized that it’s one of the best places to find unique, beautiful and affordable gifts. There are so many incredible items available for every niche hobby or interest you can imagine. Here are just a few examples of cool gifts from Etsy that your friends and family are sure to love:

Custom Jewelry Featuring Their Pets’ Faces

When in doubt, get someone a gift related to their pet. You can order a cute ring, necklace, earrings, or bracelet with their pet’s face etched into it from CaitlynMinimalist for only 20 dollars. I’ve personally bought a few items from this shop before, and I can attest to the high-quality jewelry and fantastic customer service they provide.

A Candle That Smells Like Their Favorite Character

If you have a friend who’s obsessed with a certain book, TV or movie character, you’re going to want to get them one of these candles. FantasyFlamesShop has candles that smell like characters from Outer Banks, Harry Potter, The Vampire Diaries, the MCU and much more. And you can even find candles with scents inspired by celebrities such as Harry Styles.

A Cactus Gift Box

This adorable gift box includes six different types of tiny cacti along with instructions on how best to care for them. They don’t require a lot of care and are sure to brighten your friends’ living spaces!

A Scratch-Off Travel Map

Kristin Douglas Art creates these stunning scratch-off travel maps with hand-drawn watercolor icons to represent each location. The shop offers maps that incorporate destinations around the world, ones that are focused on the United States or ones that only feature national parks.

A Zodiac Woven Wall Hanging

Anyone who’s interested in astrology will fall in love with this gorgeous handwoven wall hanging. Bear Loom Studio makes them for every zodiac sign, and you can choose between different colors and sizes. It’s the perfect way to add some personality to a house, apartment or dorm room.

I hope this list helped you find some inspiration for your own holiday shopping. Etsy is a great place to get personalizable, handmade and one-of-a-kind products. Plus, by buying on Etsy, you’ll support deserving small business owners—so everybody wins!

Nicolette is a senior sociology major and professional writing minor at UCLA. In her free time, she loves reading fantasy novels and baking desserts for her friends and family.