This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

With winter gone, the flowers are blooming, and the sun is shining. Spring brings the perfect weather to be able to go out with friends and enjoy the nature around you. Luckily, California has some of the most beautiful nature and amazing places to enjoy, as well as take pictures to show off to everyone. Here are just 5 fun ways to bring in the spirit of spring:

Go Out For Ice Cream 

It’s no longer cold, which means … ICE CREAM! Los Angeles has so many amazing and fun ice cream places to go to. You could try a different shop for every day of the year. These are some of my top favorite spots to try amazing ice cream flavors: 

– Sweet Rose Creamery ~ Located: 970 Monument St Pacific Palisades, CA

– Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams ~ Located: 540 Rose Ave Venice, CA

– Wanderlust Creamery ~ Located: 609 Lincoln Blvd. St B Venice CA 90291

Hang Out by Janss Steps 

If there is one thing that everyone can agree on, it’s that UCLA has beautiful sunset views. Especially from the top of Janss Steps! With this beautiful Southern California weather, take your hammock to the steps and relax while enjoying the view. If you don’t have a hammock, take any blanket you have and have a picnic with your friends!

Go Hiking 

Los Angeles is famous for the hundreds of hiking trails, which are perfect for everyone who is trying to get their summer body. Working out can often feel like a chore, but hiking turns it into something fun. After enduring the pain of the hike, you’re rewarded with views of the entire city.

Visit Flower Gardens 

Flowers are finally blooming, and everything looks like the colors of the rainbow! UCLA students are particularly lucky because we have a botanical garden, so being able to see the beautiful flowers blooming is only a few minutes away. However, if you want to see more flowers, you can visit the Huntington Library, Art Collections & Botanical Gardens or the Exposition Park Rose Garden

Watch an Outdoor Movie 

One of the most recent trends that a lot of people have enjoyed doing is watching movies outdoors. Instead of drive-thru theaters, you just have an outdoor picnic at night with you friends. A fan favorite is the Hollywood Forever Cemetery themed movie nights where they show movies like Clueless, and the audience is welcomed to dress up according to the theme. Here’s a link if you’re interested

No matter what, there is something for everyone to do. Whether it’s getting ice cream at the thousands of shops in LA or hiking Runyone to watch how the sun brightens the city. Everything goes from being gloomy to a rainbow of colors everywhere. 

Allison is a feature writer at UCLA who loves hanging out at the beach and eating any kind of dessert.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.