Style > Fashion

5 Cute And Inexpensive Halloween Costumes For This Spooky SZN!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

As Cady Heron from Mean Girls once said, Halloween is the one day where we can all dress up and have fun! If you are like me, then you are probably struggling to find a costume. I feel your pain. But don’t worry, I got you! Here are 5 cute costume ideas that you can pull out of your closet or buy without spending too much money.

Maddie from Euphoria

First up, we have Maddie’s iconic look from HBO Max’s hit show Euphoria! This is a perfect look for those who want to give baddie vibes as well as be comfortable in their outfit. You can easily put this outfit together with a short black crop top and black leather cut-out flare pants. In the show, her outfit is purple, but you can also get this outfit in black. Regardless of the color you wear, you will still look amazing! If you do not have the pants, don’t stress! These can be found on Shein, Amazon and a few other stores. To finalize the look, make sure to put your hair in a high ponytail and do your fierce makeup. Now you are ready to party!

E S1 E8 0329?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
HBO
Cinderella

Looking to dress up as the princess you already are? Then Cinderella is an option for you! Simply wearing a white skirt with a blue silk top gives you the princess look. Top it off with a solid black choker and a blue headband, and you are good to go. Go in and rock your look before the clock strikes midnight!

Karen From Mean girls

We can’t forget about Karen’s cute and simple mouse costume in Mean Girls! Put on a black slightly ruffled dress, wrap your waist with a pink ribbon and pair it with some mouse ears. If people can’t guess what you are, then make sure to say Karen’s favorite line, “‘I’m a mouse, duh!'”

Mean Girls phone scene
Lorne Michaels Productions
Disney’s Kim Possible

Get ready because it’s time to be a hero for the town! Put on your green cargo pants and a black long-sleeve crop top so that you can embody Kim Possible. This is an easy costume to pull off because it doesn’t require many accessories. Try to use any black crop top you have! It doesn’t necessarily have to be a long sleeve, and if you do not have any cargo pants, you can always order them off Shein for an affordable price.

FAiry

This costume is probably one of the easiest to pull off last minute because all you need is a cute floral dress or skirt to complete this look. Don’t forget to add wings, which can be purchased on Amazon for an affordable price. No need to spend lots of money on a fairy costume when you can build this fairy costume from what you have at home.

You don’t have to spend lots of money in order to celebrate Halloween. We can all work with what we have at home, we just need to be a little creative. Hopefully these suggestions helped with your dilemma or at least gave you an idea of what you could be for this Halloween. Make to have lots of fun and be safe! Wishing you all a spooky Halloween!

Maria Alfaro is a fourth year student at UCLA majoring in Sociology and minoring in Spanish. She joined HerCampus at UCLA in 2021 and ever since has been able to do what she enjoys; write and share her stories with everyone. Her love for journalism grows with each story she gets to write. She loves to meet new people and learn new things. In her free time you can find her exploring the city of LA, dancing, binge-watching, blogging or relaxing.