collage of outfits for isolation
collage of outfits for isolation
Rachel Feng
Style

5 Comfy Outfits To Keep You In a Productive Mindset During Isolation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Being a college student and having to live at home again has been tough for a variety of reasons, one of them being that it feels like I am still on Spring Break. I am not used to being home for extended periods of time other than during school breaks anymore, so it is now difficult for me to switch back into a productive mindset to focus on academics. One thing I have found to be a huge help in motivating me to do my school work is to get dressed every morning. It is obviously tempting to stay in your pajamas and watch online lectures in bed. But, doing this makes it much harder for me to stay attentive during class. Of course, nobody wants to wear stiff denim jeans all day, but you can still dress cute without feeling suffocated. Here are 5 outfits that are comfortable enough to wear all day, but are put together enough to get you excited for the day ahead.

Dress

Everyone knows that wearing a dress is the easiest way to look like you put in a lot of effort when you actually didn’t put in any at all. This is a perfect outfit for working at home because the dress is super light and comfortable. I layered a sweater on top just for an added touch of warmth and coziness.

Flowy Shorts

I am so over tight jean shorts. Shorts like these that are nice and breezy are far more comfortable. I paired this with a simple white sweater tucked in. If it is a bit colder where you are, you could easily swap out the shorts for any flowy pants, too!

Sweatpants

Sweatpants are generally associated with peak laziness and comfort, but I think they can definitely be a cute outfit if you style it right. If I am wearing sweats as an actual outfit, I wear a tighter crop top to balance out the bagginess on the bottom. 

Midi Skirt

A midi skirt is a great option because it is more flowy than a typical mini skirt, so it doesn’t feel tight or restricting at all. It’s more like a light blanket wrapped around your legs. Here, I wore mine with a black cropped sweater to keep it casual. 

Leggings

I rarely wear leggings out of the house, but when I do, I usually go for an athleisure look rather than a just-got-out-of-bed look. It sort of tricks my mind into thinking I was just productive and worked out, even if it isn’t true. In this outfit, I wore these black leggings with a plain cropped tank top and a windbreaker.

If you have been finding yourself struggling to stay productive during this time, try putting a little more effort into what you are wearing, even if nobody is going to see it. Putting on clothes that are not my pajamas automatically switches my mindset and gets me ready to do the work that I need to get done.

Rachel was the Co-Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus at UCLA in the 2021-2022 academic year. In her free time, she loves hanging around flea markets and exploring different neighborhoods in LA!
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.