summer girl legs swimming pool
summer girl legs swimming pool
Kellyn Simpkins / Her Campus
Style

4 Of The Top Bathing Suit Trends For Summer 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Thinking about summer already? Being in the sun on the beach or swimming in the pool? I feel you. Summer has officially begun, and time to think about which suits we’ll be rocking this summer 2020. Below I’ve listed the top trends and styles to look for when searching for your “go-to” summer uniform this season, so here are four of the top trends:

All White Set

The nice thing about investing in a classic, all-white set is that it will never go out of style and can sometimes make you look more tan. Do not just find any white suit, but one that makes you feel the most confident in your body. 

Neon Colors

Whether it’s just the top or just the bottoms, a pop of neon color can add color and fun to any suit. Look for colors like neon green and pink, straying away from a highlighter, neon yellow. I promise you the greens and pinks will look great on any skin tone, guaranteed. And the best part is, you don’t even need the full set, so these colors are super easy to mismatch with black or white bottoms/tops.

Reversibles

Who doesn’t love a two for one special? Personally, I’ve been looking for more suits that are reversible. What I specifically love about bringing this one-piece on vacation is that I can wear it in two different styles. Plus, it’s a one-piece that makes the suit even more of a “stand-out” moment.

Halter Top

If you are seeking more coverage in the cleavage area, or just merely want more support while you’re swimming, investing in a quality halter is the move. Often times, I found halter tops to be too plain or less appealing; however, there are some great ones out there! What drew me into this one was the color and “vacation vibe” of it.

We all deserve a bit of sun and shine this summer 2020 season. Try and make the most of it, and why not look great while doing it? Here’s to sunnier days!

Rebecca (also goes by Bec and Becca) is an English major at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and an Assistant Editorial Director and writer for HC at UCLA. In her free time, she loves a strong oat milk latte at a local LA coffee shop, catching the sunset at the beach and hunting for the perfect breakfast burrito.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.