The 4 Secrets to Getting That Perfect Tan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

1.     Exfoliate Exfoliating your skin is really important if you want your skin to be more receptive to the sunshine. Give your skin a good scrubbing before hitting the beach in order to remove the build-up of dead skin. It’ll absorb the sunshine more completely this way and give you a great all-around color. Try this type of loofah.

2.     Move That two-tone effect you get when you spend two hours on one side and forget to do the other? Yea, not so cute. Get up, get in the water, play some Frisbee! Anything that will allow for a beautifully even tan.

3.     Lotion Make sure you give your skin the nutrients it needs with a bit of moisturizing body lotion or tanning oil if you’re looking for a greater tan faster. We really love this body lotion and this tanning oil.

4.     Shower Taking a shower after the beach or tanning session removes all those lotions, salts and sands, from your body. Refresh your skin, let it relax for a while, and then add cream for the night so that the next day you don’t wake up finding you went too far and got a sunburn. 

Photo courtesy of www.favim.com

Sharni is a first-year Art major with a focus on photography and a love for everything the So-Cal lifestyle has to offer. Her hobbies include playing tennis, exploring, and spending time with her Kappa Kappa Gamma sisters.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.