This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

The holidays are the best time to develop a serious sweet tooth. What’s better than an assortment of holiday treats to fulfill that craving? Not much. Out of all the options of treats, the best has to be the assortment of holiday cookies. Each year I have attempted to try a new cookie recipe to use as my go-to treat for all holiday events. Here are three of the BEST holiday cookie recipes I have found that you have to try this season!

1. Perfect Soft Ginger Cookies from Mom On Timeout

Ingredients:

• 2¼ cup all purpose flour

• 1 tsp baking soda

• 1 tsp corn starch

• ¼ tsp salt

• 1½ tsp ground ginger

• 1½ tsp ground cinnamon

• 1 tsp ground cloves

• ¾ cup Challenge Butter, softened

• ½ brown sugar, dark or light

• ½ cup granulated sugar

• 1 egg, room temperature

• 2 tsp vanilla extract

• ⅓ cup molasses 

Directions

1. Combine four, baking soda, corn starch, salt and spices in a large bowl. Whisk together.

2. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars.

3. Beat in egg until thoroughly combined.

4. Mix in vanilla and molasses. 

5. Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until combined.

6. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. If you have the time, up to 24 hours.  

7. Preheat oven to 350 F. 

8. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

9. Use cookie scoop to scoop out dough, form into a ball and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet.

10. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes (be careful not to over bake). 

11. Let cool for several minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack. 

12. Store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months. 

2. Peppermint Meltaway Cookies from Cooking Classy

Ingredients:

Cookies

• 1 1/4 cups (178g) all-purpose flour*

• 1/2 cup (68g) cornstarch

• 1/4 tsp salt

• 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened

• 1/2 cup (68g) powdered sugar

• 1/2 tsp peppermint extract

Frosting

• 2 Tbsp (28g) salted butter, softened

• 2 Tbsp half and half

• 1/4 tsp peppermint extract

• 1 1/2 cups (200g) powdered sugar

• 1/4 cup (42g) finely crushed peppermint bits or candy canes

Directions

1. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt, set aside.

2. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter and powdered sugar until combined. Mix in peppermint extract then with mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill until nearly firm, about 1 hour, while preheating oven to 350 degrees during last 10 minutes of chilling.

3. Scoop dough out 1 even tablespoon at a time, shape into a ball then transfer to an un-greased 18 by 13-inch baking sheet, spacing cookies 2-inches apart (keep dough that’s wont be baking chilled). Bake in preheated oven until cookies are set and bottoms are lightly golden brown, about 10-13 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

4. For the frosting: In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together butter, half and half, peppermint extract and powdered sugar until light and fluffy (if frosting is too thick add a little more half and half, if it’s too thin add a little more powdered sugar). Working with one cookie at a time spread frosting over cookie and immediately after frosting each cookie add crushed peppermint bits before frosting starts to set, repeat process with all cookies. Store cookies an in airtight container at room temperature.

5. *To measure, scoop flour from container and level – rather than spooning into a measuring cup. Use this same method for the cornstarch and powdered sugar.

3. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Allrecipes

Ingredients

• cup canned pumpkin

• 1 cup white sugar

• 1/2 cup vegetable oil

• 1 egg

• 2 cups all-purpose flour

• 2 teaspoons baking powder

• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

• 1/2 teaspoon salt

• 1 teaspoon baking soda

• 1 teaspoon milk

• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

• 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.

2. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.

3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

Now you can step up your cookie game this Holiday season!

Photos courtesy of: Mom on Timeout, Cooking Classy, Allrecipies 

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.