110! 110! UCLA Women’s Soccer Wins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

For any Bruins who were worrying that Stanford might be beating us out anytime soon for our NCAA Championship Record, don’t sweat it.

Get ready to do an 8-clap, because the Women’s Soccer Team clinched their first National Championship today with a win over FSU, adding another trophy into UCLA’s already impressive collection.

Battling freezing cold weather (with players from both teams wearing gloves and hats to keep warm in the rain), the Bruins and Seminoles ended regulation with a 0-0 tie.

Tensions were high heading into a Golden Goal overtime, but the Bruins delivered! 

Sophomore forward Kodi Lavrusky scored the game’s only goal with 3 minutes, 19 seconds remaining in overtime, sending UCLA over Florida State 1-0.

This is the 110th NCAA Championship for the Bruins.

Stanford currently holds the record for the second-most championships, with 104.

“That other school in Los Angeles” aka “University of Second Choice” aka “University of Spoiled Children” has yet to break into triple digits, with only 98 titles to their name. Guess they have to work a little harder to catch up now!

Go Bruins!! U-C-L-A Fight Fight Fight!

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.