With Mother’s Day coming up this weekend, it’s a good time to reflect upon all the wonderful (and maybe not so wonderful) things that our mom’s do. While it’s true that everyone’s mom is special and unique in their own way, there are certain things that literally every mom does. With that being said, here’s a list of things your mom is probably guilty of.
1. Texting “Ok” to literally everything
Yes, this is acceptable if I’m just letting you know of my whereabouts. But if I’m sharing some mildly alarming news or asking you a question, “Ok” is not a very good response.
2. Ok I lied. When she’s not texting “Ok”, she’s TYPING IN ALL CAPS
I love you, but I hear enough of your yelling at home. If you want me to unload the dishwasher, lowercase words will do.
3. Mispronouncing Chipotle and Acai
For the fiftieth time, it’s chipot-lay not chipol-tay. Also, teaching my mom how to pronounce “acai” is basically a lost cause.
4. Texting with one finger
It genuinely causes me pain to watch you type that slow.
5. Falling asleep while watching a movie
It’s not much of a mother-daughter movie night if you fall asleep within the first 10 minutes!
6. Spending upwards of an hour in the grocery store
You went in there for milk. What else could you possibly be doing right now? (See below)
7. Making friends with random people in the produce section
Why are you having a conversation with that lady about how to pick the best cantaloupe? And did you seriously just invite her to our Thanksgiving dinner???
8. Freaking out when you accidently miss her call
Sorry I missed one call, but I’ve tried calling you back 5 times and you’re not answering!
9. Threatening to throw all of your stuff away that is not in your room
“Anything of yours that is downstairs is going in the trash!!!” Ok, but are you really going to throw away my laptop that you bought me? Didn’t think so.
10. Becoming a totally different person as soon as your friends come over
I know, I know – you’re a ~cool~ mom.
11. Randomly coming into your room to spend time with you
But I’m not even complaining – because although she drives me crazy sometimes, I love spending time with her.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing mom’s out there!