This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Want to see which songs and genres are associated with your zodiac sign? Taking into account each zodiac’s personality traits, I’m here to show you the type of songs that best portray what your sign is all about!

Capricorn (Dec. 22nd – Jan. 19th)

This cardinal earth sign’s intellect and attention to detail make them strong leaders and successful at anything they desire to achieve. With these characteristics, Capricorns give off vintage vibes: a strong exterior but a softie at heart. They’re all about class, vibing to old-timey genres of jazz and blues.

• “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
  • “A Kiss to Build A Dream On” by Louis Armstrong
  • “One Step At a Time” by Jordan Sparks

Aquarius (Jan. 20th – Feb. 18th)

Spontaneity and eccentricity make up some traits of this rebellious air sign. Their independence and out-of-the-box thinking align them with songs that raise awareness of activism, independence, and a free spirit.

• “The World At Large” by Modest Mouse
  • “Preach” by John Legend
  • “Ride” by Lana Del Ray

Pisces (Feb. 19th – Mar. 20th)

This mutable water sign’s idealism and dreamy nature bring a love for soulful music. Pisces love songs with passion, deeper meaning, a touch of magic, and a glimmer of hope. Songs that tell a story and have soft melodies hold special appeal so this sign can drown in their emotions.

• “River Man” by Nick Drake
  • “Snow On The Beach” by Taylor Swift and Lana Del Ray
  • “Love Me Like That” by Sam Kim

Aries (Mar. 21st – Apr. 19th)

With their fiery personality and aggressiveness, this cardinal fire sign loves its hip-hop and rap music. A different type of leader with energy and an impulsive nature, Aries has a sense of blind optimism and anger as shown by the curated list of songs below:

• “Goosebumps” by Travis Scott
  • “Wouldn’t Get Far” by The Game
  • “Can’t Get Enough” by Jennifer Lopez feat. Latto

Taurus (Apr. 20th – May 20th)

This fixed earth sign is defined by their punctuality, heartfelt emotions, down-to-earth personality, and tenacity. A sense of peppiness and groovy beats would spark a light in their bodies. With some classy rock and pop, Taurus signs can catch that groove.

• “Redbone” by Childish Gambino
  • “Whole Lotta Love” by Led Zeppelin
  • “Umbrella” Rihanna, Jay-Z
zodiac signs cancer pisces gemini?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Original Illustration by Her Campus Media

Gemini (May 21st – Jun. 20th)

Extroverted by nature, this mutable air sign is flexible, hyperactive, and charismatic. They love their hip-hop and electronic beats, but it doesn’t stop there. Their inquisitive side has them discovering songs and constantly creating a diverse music taste. This sign wouldn’t need help to create a playlist but here are some songs anyway.

• “All Down The Line” by The Rolling Stones
  • “Evacuate the Dance Floor” by Cascada
  • “Everybody” by Nicki Minaj and Lil Uzi Vert

Cancer (Jun. 21st – July 22nd)

Ruled by the moon, this cardinal water sign’s emotions run like a rollercoaster but they are quite sweet with a bright aura. They have an introverted way of living life and prefer a close-knit circle. Being highly sensitive and intuitive, sentimental songs in the genres of indie, country, and nostalgia are what this sign thrives on.

• “Lovefool” by The Cardigans
  • “This Charming Man” by The Smiths
  • “I Bet You Think About Me” by Taylor Swift

Leo (July 23rd – Aug. 22nd)

This fixed fire sign has a sense of royal status with its sign being the Lion (King of the Jungle). Ruled by the sun, this sign is full of life and vitality. Their inner diva needs to be satiated with strong ballads, pop anthems, and powerful soundtracks.

• “Purple Rain” by Prince
  • “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
  • “Take On Me” by a-ha

Virgo (Aug. 23rd – Sept. 22nd)

A perfectionist with a hyper-awareness of detail, this mutable earth sign is ruled by Mercury (regarding communication). Their analytical way of life makes them a great bet for ambient, classical, and alternative music.

• “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana
  • “Heavy” by Linkin Park and Kiiara
  • “Falling Through the Hourglass” by Sid Acharya

Libra (Sept. 23rd – Oct. 23rd)

Living life with a diplomatic approach, the cardinal air sign of the balancing scales seeks a sense of symmetry and harmony. They have exquisite taste involving the blending of genres, from pop-rock to jazz fusion to soul.

• “Seventeen Going Under” by Sam Fender
  • “Watermelon Man” by Herbie Hancock
  • “Get Ready” by The Temptations

Scorpio (Oct. 24th – nov. 21st)

This fixed water sign knows what they want, and they harbor traits of strength and independence. Never needing anyone else’s opinion (why am I even here?) and being the baddie they are (they are close to Halloween after all), this sign loves dark romantic songs and brooding in a corner with their headphones in.

• “Crash Into Me” by Dave Matthews Band
  • “Invisible” by Clay Aiken
  • “Ho Hey” by The Lumineers

Sagittarius ( Nov. 22nd- Dec. 21st)

Imagine a sign walking into a room and lighting it up: these are the Sags of the world. They have this bold, philosophical, and adventurous quality that makes them stand out. This mutable fire sign wants to get up and dance, listening to folk, eclectic, and energized bops.

• “New York City” by Current Joys
  • “Walking On A Dream” by Empire of the Sun
  • “Feels” by Calvin Harris and Katy Perry
assorted zodiac signs?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Original Illustration on Canva for Her Campus Media

Whether these songs spoke to you or not, I hope you had a good read and debated each song’s accuracy or relevance to your life. If not, give it a second to absorb, and listen to the music in its entirety before calling it quits. Either way, I hope you picked up a song or two to add to your playlist even if it’s not a part of your zodiac sign.

Rajvi Maisuria is a Computer Science Major at the University of Central Florida with a passion for writing. She is currently a Webmaster for Girls Who Code and on the Social Media Team for Knighthacks. She loves reading novels and articles on Medium, listening to Spotify Podcasts and curating mood-based playlists. She's a coffee lover and a Canva designer enthusiast.